What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
reni maitua ‏@renimaitua
Here's the proof that mad Monday was not cancelled, now cut the crap and get off our case pic.twitter.com/tDESl9IMEx

BT3_C4UIAAEt8c5.jpg

El Diablo

Post Whore
why didn't Allgood get a driver to take him home or did he get busted after he got home and then went for a drive?

Barry, I asked u in another thread, but u didn't answer.

If RS is in negotiation with the raiders, is it possible the eels can terminate his contract without a payout???

Sorry, didn't see that.

I doubt it, given the apparent terms of his current contract. In normal circumstances, another club could get into trouble for attempting to induce someone to break a presently binding contract, but a coach with a contract that allows him to walk when he wants is a different issue.

Bear in mind that we don't know the exact wording of Ricky's deal. His release clause will likely be a little more specific than that bandied around in the tabloids (even if it has similar effect). Also, we don't know what other clauses are in the contract. There were reported clauses connected to us making the 8 next year, which people claimed allowed Ricky to choose to leave. I said at the time that if such a clause existed, it would far more likely to refer to the club's option to terminate the coach, for whatever compensation is agreed in the contract. I haven't changed my mind on that.

Anyway, the current situation aint great....now that the apparent release clause is public info, there will be speculation whenever another coaching position is vacant.

The Colonel

Immortal
I think you may be right there big fella. We pay overs don't forget.

That's why we should stick with developing and retaining our own talent except for the key players we need to buy. We just need to be patient, otherwise we'll never get out of this rut.

Still need to bring through some experience from outside the club. Can't expect to only develop and maintain our playing roster from within totally and be competitive. Need to freshen the club up.

I would certainly rather Prior rather than Rose anyway. Rose is an impact player but his weight issues will start to weigh heavily (no pun intended) on him as his career progresses in terms of injury. We wouldn't necessarily be paying 'overs' as such but I guess we would be paying more than what he can earn at the Storm.

BennyBoy

Juniors
UZZ ROTHFIELD ‏@BuzzRothfield 1m
BREAKING: Ricky Stuart has officially quit Parramatta tonight to sign a 3-year deal at Canberra Raiders - details @dailytelegraph ASAP

Forty20

First Grade
Hopefully this will bring the Stuart media circus to a close.

On the other hand, I am now concerned about the ramifications for all of our signings given the speculation about get-out clauses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts