What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Holden Cup Team and junior reps thread, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yep, Joey should of played a game or 2 in firsts this year imo...

Forty would confirm this it apparently young Nathan Davis s ores 2 runaway tries on the weekend against wenty, 1 in which he outran Jerome Mackenzie...

The kid is a freak

Forty20

First Grade
Yep, Joey should of played a game or 2 in firsts this year imo...

Forty would confirm this it apparently young Nathan Davis s ores 2 runaway tries on the weekend against wenty, 1 in which he outran Jerome Mackenzie...

The kid is a freak

Sunday was the first time I got a good look at Davis and it was a fantastic (furniture) first impression. He has great speed and size for a young fella and looks to have some footy nous to boot as he scored two 90m intercept tries. I don't want to hype him too much but he looks to have all the assets to be fast tracked through the NYC and onwards in the next few years.

As for Ualesi, he has been outstanding this season and it is good to see him finishing 2013 strongly. Good all round backrower with an engine to get through a load of work and an offload to keep defenders honest. He could even fill in at that middle half position that Poups is banging on about.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
How is Nathan Davis playing against wenty - isn't he the australian school boy winger under contract with the eels ?

Forty20

First Grade
How is Nathan Davis playing against wenty - isn't he the australian school boy winger under contract with the eels ?

He played for the Guildford Owls in the Ron Massey Cup. While we are aligned with Wenty, I believe this is an initiative to give our youth squads as much quality football as possible.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He played for the Guildford Owls in the Ron Massey Cup. While we are aligned with Wenty, I believe this is an initiative to give our youth squads as much quality football as possible.

Good idea so the talent is shared around

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And Newcastle scored a couple of tries at the end of the first half, we shit ourselves and now it's 36-12 with 20 minutes to go.

Gronk

Staff member

ParraSteve

Juniors
With the promotion of Payten, the final piece of the Coaching structure is the appointment of Andrew Webster as full-time NYC Coach.

Webster spent 2012 as Assistant NYC Coach at the Wests Tigers following impressive stints at Hull FC (Assistant Coach) and Balmain SG Ball (Head Coach) where his team won the title.

Webster returns to the Wests Tigers after spending the 2013 season as Head Coach of the Parramatta Eels NYC team. Along with his full time role with the NYC team, Webster will also work with the NRL coaches and have involvement at the top level.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news-display/Wests-Tigers-announce-2014-Coaching-structure/84556

Forty20

First Grade
Canberra just got rid of Andrew Dunemann. I know he was gunning for the head coaching gig at Canberra but he would be a nice get for our 20's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts