What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart quits Parramatta Eels for Canberra Raiders job

Smirrors

Juniors
I've read a lot of criticism of Ricky and one of them was that he abandoned the players he let go. Well technically those guys can still be rehired if they are good enough by the incoming coach.

Whoever comes on board hopefully has a clean slate without having to make the hard decisions that affects team morale.

If anything Ricky should be praised as it can only get better from here (assuming they don't win the spoon again)

Gronk

Staff member
I've read a lot of criticism of Ricky and one of them was that he abandoned the players he let go. Well technically those guys can still be rehired if they are good enough by the incoming coach.

Whoever comes on board hopefully has a clean slate without having to make the hard decisions that affects team morale.

If anything Ricky should be praised as it can only get better from here (assuming they don't win the spoon again)

Um, no.

Daneel

Bench

Well you praise the f*cken pr*ck, i don't think to many of us will be joining you. If and when hayne, hoppa and peats are playing elsewhere you can jump on the we hate sticky dicky bandwagon.

Avenger

Immortal
Stuart not wanting to comment just shows the extent of madness from this vile human being. I wish his coaching career the worst. Easily the most hated man in Rugby League.

eel01s

Bench
Well it could be worse Avenger. We might have been stuck with Ricky for a further two years.

Good riddance I say.

Captain BF

Juniors
Stuart not wanting to comment just shows the extent of madness from this vile human being. I wish his coaching career the worst. Easily the most hated man in Rugby League.
After the way Stuart has acted through this whole chapter, i reckon this will be his last major coaching gig. Why would anyone want to take him on now unless he does something special at Canberra.

ParraSteve

Juniors
Anything but a top 8 finish next year is a failure for Stuart, he wont be able to rely on the excuse of having a 'crap' roster down in Canberra.

84 Baby

Referee
Anything but a top 8 finish next year is a failure for Stuart, he wont be able to rely on the excuse of having a 'crap' roster down in Canberra.
Your cynicism isn't strong enough. If Canberra don't make finals next year, Stuart will point fingers everywhere, weeks before anyone thinks to point them at him

mrpwnd

Bench
After the way Stuart has acted through this whole chapter, i reckon this will be his last major coaching gig. Why would anyone want to take him on now unless he does something special at Canberra.
I'm surprised Canberra even bothered going for him given how he successfully dismantled 2 clubs in such a short period of time.

Brb causing long term damage to Sharks (something they're still trying to recover from.) and leaving.
Brb giving half the Parra players the kick and recruiting relatively few players to compensate - and leaving well before contract.
Brb NSW is too harsh for family, and autistic child, must go back to Canberra (strong logic).

Just like MG said on triple M, his reputation and credibility has to be at an all-time low now. But still, lol@Parra, what a f**k up of a club they have been lately.

Your cynicism isn't strong enough. If Canberra don't make finals next year, Stuart will point fingers everywhere, weeks before anyone thinks to point them at him

Mate, he'll start managing expectations in about two weeks time. The excuses will be in place in advance.

Delboy

First Grade
I fail to see how the media love in continues

He is an obvious fraud and s low human being, whatever you say about the club,. how could they act when the di**head kept deflecting the question.

Seriously he is a grub and deserves to be regarded as all show , no go - never felt this way about anyone involved in footy before - yep, not even Jamie Lyon

Maroubra Eel

Coach
What Jamie Lyon did was heaps worse. He broke his contract.

Ricky did nothing wrong, he was entitled to leave us whenever he liked for whatever reason.

Blame the fools who agreed to the contract.

Gronk

Staff member
What Jamie Lyon did was heaps worse. He broke his contract.

Ricky did nothing wrong, he was entitled to leave us whenever he liked for whatever reason.

Blame the fools who agreed to the contract.

Spags will no doubt apologize for this, once the CEO and coach have been appointed.

muznik

Juniors
Wasn't it because he did not get permission to talk to the media or something like that?

Yep..unuthorised media interview apparently.

Thought it spoke volumes that not all Raiders are happy to se the new Coach arrive.

Best of luck Canberra....you merkins are gunna need it.

Latest posts