What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs $1 million play for Parramatta superstar Jarryd Hayne

cv8z

Juniors
These benefits off the field don't make up for the cost to the team on the field (via the hit to the salary cap) by retaining expensive players like Hayne. This is why the Tigers were happy to get rid of Benji Marshall - the most marketable player in their history.

When hayne plays the way benji did this year I'll agree, but till then we must keep him

IFR33K

Coach
Don't patronise me mate.
I've followed this club for over 40 years. I've also stated that I will always be blue and gold. I stated that we are an embarrassment. I also stated that I don't give two shits about them at the moment. Because I don't, because we are such a rabble.

Yes, over the summer, f**king oath I will enjoy the Wanderers.

But come next NRL season, I'll still be an Eels fan.

So if you want to try and ridicule me, you'll have to try better than that.
You know what I'm proud of most? After all of his short years following the NRL, Jumpsuit has stuck solid with the Eels, while a lot of his Eels supporting mates at school have done a parra pete and jumped ship, to winning clubs like Storm and Beagles. Jumpsuit will be blue and gold for life as well. He also has a Wanderers season ticket. So f**king what?

So, I'm not going anywhere for you information.

Suity

Bad day at the office??

Sit down, relax and have a beer.

IFR33K

Coach
Tonga has just re-signed for a lot less than he's on. Remember I'm talking about value here.

And I'm not knocking Hayne. I said in this thread that he's the best player I've ever seen. But he doesn't offer any value.

In 2011 we had Horo and Ben Smith in the centres for most of the year. An Origin centre like Tonga was exactly what we needed.

He had no recent history of injury, so who could have foreseen that he would play 12 games in two years for us?

When you say he's a waste of cap space, or we aren't seeing value in him, than you're knocking him.

And if we do release hayne, and sign three average players, no one can guarantee they'll play 24 plus games a year each.

cureme

Juniors
I said to Eric Grothe on Twitter to delete the tweet if it wasn't true but typically he came back with a childish response...

IFR33K

Coach
Cop out reply.

You're right, 'twas a cop out reply.

Truth is, I really couldn't be bothered for an 'ashamed, fan.

This is the f**king mighty parramatta eels. If you want to follow some second rate sport, competing at an average standard, then good for you. Whatever makes you feel better.

We are going through testing times, the club needs you now more than ever. But if you get your thrills out of wsw, than good for you. I'm happy for you.

Last edited:

spartan2153

Juniors
well i would expect close to 1 million in a release clause if true.

It just goes to show how badly stuart bent us over the dirty pr*ck

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tigers fans were happy for him to go. Benchi hasnt had a good game in three years.

What a stupid statement. Prior to this year he has been in the top three in the NRL for LBAs every single year.

What do u know of Haynes contract, and how it's structured. Do you know how much is eating into our cap???

So you reckon we've got him for unders, do you?

Regardless, he's played half a season two years in a row and we've run last both years. It could be coincidence but I'll confidently say that if he only plays half a season again next year that we'll come last again.

DeanPay98

Juniors
Tonga has just re-signed for a lot less than he's on. Remember I'm talking about value here.

And I'm not knocking Hayne. I said in this thread that he's the best player I've ever seen. But he doesn't offer any value.

You could have said the same thing about Nathan Cayless in 2004. He'd just had two injury plagued seasons. He was then pretty much injury free from 2005 to 2010. So we don't know if he'll offer value in 2014 and 2015, but he is worth the risk.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
1240177_221610634664738_878971286_n.jpg

IFR33K

Coach
So you reckon we've got him for unders, do you?

Regardless, he's played half a season two years in a row and we've run last both years. It could be coincidence but I'll confidently say that if he only plays half a season again next year that we'll come last again.

No, we didn't get him for unders. We paid market value. You probably know a thing or two about market value, re sandow.
But considering marque player allowance and third party sponsors, I don't think he's eating into our cap as much as you think.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I love the way you point the argument in your direction.

You mean like everyone else?

Or should I be making other people's arguments for them?

Why didn't you ask me why it's good they we bow and scrape to, in your opinion, the best Eels player you have ever seen?

Mate that's my whole point. He is potentially both (petulant and the greatest ever) and this (hypothetical) situation of him wanting a release isn't as cut and dried as so many of you believe.

This is a rhetorical question. Don't bother answering. I already know what it will be.

I care about you education Suity. Consider this a public service.

Latest posts