What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs $1 million play for Parramatta superstar Jarryd Hayne

strider

Post Whore
I gave our budgie a choice of two coloured items to pick from. She chose the blue & white one as opposed to the blue and gold one. Hayne has gone to the dogs...!!

yeah but your budgie is a sea eagles fan, so he'd do anything to f**k us over

DeanPay98

Juniors
I think you're wrong. Our recruitment and retention and cap management has been ridiculous over the last six years. I don't think this has had anything (positive or negative) to do with Jarryd Hayne. And, in terms of players wanting to come here, I'm sure they'd rather play in a team with Hayne in it than without.

Absolutely. If Hayne goes elsewhere in 2016 thats one thing, but 2014-15 are another thing. Thankfully he's confirmed he's staying.

But the upset its caused just shows how weak are position is atm. The way in which are first grade squad has been decimated is just ridiculous. We can turn it around more quickly with Hayne than without him.

lingard

Coach
It's worked a treat so far.

We've got Hoppoate, Norman and Peats coming. I wonder if they would have been so keen on us if Jarryd Hayne wasn't here? You've seen what we look like without Hayne playing? Would someone like Hoppoate really want to join that? Even Sandow (a dud, for sure, but the best available half-back in the NRL at the time) - don't you think the prospect of playing with Jarryd Hayne might have helped entice him? Because, sure as hell, this team doesn't have any other attractions.

lingard

Coach
Not at this time of the year it wouldn't. There's a big difference between knowing Hayne was going elsewhere with the best part of year's notice. If we were magically relieved of his salary now, the cap space would hang like an albatross around the key decision-makers necks. There aren't too many players available for 2014 (even including those under contract), and there will be pressure to spend the space on whoever we can get......again.

Good point.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Why are people focussed on 'at this point' and pay no attention to the fact he said he management have not approached and he has no get out clause. Why are people worried about him going to the Bulldogs if there hasnt been any contact??

because he could still ask for a release

Cammo

Bench
Don't forget Ricky also said he hadn't spoken to Canberra then 24 hours later.........

I am not fussed either way if we get Hayne or not. I would love him to come to us, but I also do respect one club players as well. There is a reason people like Hindmarsh, El Masri and Lockyer are well respected (not just cause off field they are great ppl)

strider

Post Whore
people have to remember ricky is a politician - he thinks all his shit through and stages his words carefully

hayne just says/types what pops in his head :lol:

Kornstar

Coach
Why are people focussed on 'at this point' and pay no attention to the fact he said he management have not approached and he has no get out clause. Why are people worried about him going to the Bulldogs if there hasnt been any contact??

Why say it that way?

If it is a shot across the bow of the board to hopefully get them to get their shit together, I hope it works.......

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not at this time of the year it wouldn't. There's a big difference between knowing Hayne was going elsewhere with the best part of year's notice. If we were magically relieved of his salary now, the cap space would hang like an albatross around the key decision-makers necks. There aren't too many players available for 2014 (even including those under contract), and there will be pressure to spend the space on whoever we can get......again.

Clubs are always looking to offload highly paid players when a cheaper alternative comes through. The Dogs want to get rid of Inu now that Lafai is a first grader, likewise with the Tigers and Adam Blair.

Clubs are always looking to offload highly paid players when a cheaper alternative comes through. The Dogs want to get rid of Inu now that Lafai is a first grader, likewise with the Tigers and Adam Blair.

Yeh, but earlier in the year your options are the uncontracted players AND the ones that clubs might offload.

Eelogical

Referee
We've got Hoppoate, Norman and Peats coming. I wonder if they would have been so keen on us if Jarryd Hayne wasn't here? You've seen what we look like without Hayne playing? Would someone like Hoppoate really want to join that? Even Sandow (a dud, for sure, but the best available half-back in the NRL at the time) - don't you think the prospect of playing with Jarryd Hayne might have helped entice him? Because, sure as hell, this team doesn't have any other attractions.

Papalli didn't share the love. Just saying.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeh, but earlier in the year your options are the uncontracted players AND the ones that clubs might offload.

I'm not saying losing Hayne would help us straight away. It would be a rebuilding move, not a short term fix.

The Chooks used extra cap space to frontload Maloney for the next year; we could do the same.

IFR33K

Coach

This.

Why would we release hayne now. What benefit is there. We are supposedly without a major sponsor, no coach and no CEO. Releasing hayne now will not improve our cause one bit. It's not like there are quality first graders still on the open market, waiting to be signed up. If it was mid year, and we had 3 or 4 signings lined up, than that's a different case.

Latest posts