What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrygibb

Juniors
Does anyone of you learned people on this site have any indication who will be the NYC coach for 2014 and beyond. Even any rumours that you have heard??

Stagger eel

Staff member
Does anyone of you learned people on this site have any indication who will be the NYC coach for 2014 and beyond. Even any rumours that you have heard??

It's likely we won't know until a HC coach or coaching director is hired but if there's an early bolter out there than I would say Luke Burt could be given the gig.

lingard

Coach
If we manage to hang on to all our recruits, I'm confident Ricky f**king us over will have minimal effect.

Just hope we get the next coach appointment right

Agree with all that. Might just shake the board up a little so they realise they have to get their act together.

TheRam

Coach
If we can keep all our new recruits, and hold on to all our best current players and the board stabilizes and we hire a top flight new CEO and we get a decent new coach and excellent new coaching staff and have minimal injuries overall, then boy am I looking forward to 2014.

And just as an aside, isn't 13(2013) a really, really bad and unlucky number. Bring on the new year, I can't wait to see the back of this one.

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
If we can keep all our new recruits, and hold on to all our best current players and the board stabilizes and we hire a top flight new CEO and we get a decent new coach and excellent new coaching staff and have minimal injuries overall, then boy am I looking forward to 2014.

And just as an aside, isn't 13(2013) a really, really bad and unlucky number. Bring on the new year, I can't wait to see the back of this one.

Lot of ifs there....

But I agree. Ricky shitting on us may turn out to be incredibly positive. As we are right now I reckon we're looking reasonable for next year football wise.

I guess with all the vacant roles Mean we have great opportunity to install some high quality people to our club.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Parramatta Eels Chairman Steve Sharp says keep your hands off Hopoate
PETER BADEL
THE COURIER-MAIL
SEPTEMBER 20, 2013 12:00AM

BRONCOS import Corey Norman has pledged to honour his Parramatta deal as Eels chairman Steve Sharp issued a hands-off edict to the Bulldogs over Will Hopoate.

Norman and Hopoate are Parramatta's major purchases for next season, but the future of both has come under scrutiny after coach Ricky Stuart's walkout on the Eels last week.

Currently serving as a Mormon missionary in Brisbane, Hopoate signed a deal with the Eels in 2011 that contained a get-out clause if then coach Steve Kearney was no longer at Parramatta.

With Kearney now at the Broncos, Hopoate is effectively a free agent.

That has opened the door for the Bulldogs, who view the former NSW Origin star as a viable fullback replacement for Broncos recruit Ben Barba.

The Courier-Mail understands the Bulldogs plan to announce a high-profile recruit in the next fortnight, but Sharp hit out at suggestions Hopoate could be at Belmore in 2014.

"Our people have been in contact with Will Hopoate via his manager and we are told he is 100 per cent solid," Sharp said.

"He is coming to Parramatta, no question about it.

"I get disappointed when I see this all the time.

"One minute I hear that Jarryd Hayne (Eels fullback) is going to the Bulldogs and now Will Hopoate is supposedly on their hit list.

"Maybe I should say we are going to chase one of the Bulldogs stars in Josh Reynolds and offer him $1.2 million ... it's just ludicrous.

"There is talk about Jarryd Hayne leaving Parramatta, Jarryd has a solid contract for the next two years and I've been in contact with Jarryd. He is blue-and-gold.

"Will Hopoate has been under contract with us for two years. We've been monitoring his health and his well-being during his time in Brisbane.

"He's looking forward to coming back and repaying Parramatta's hospitality." Norman's manager Paul Sutton said the Broncos backline utility is committed to joining the Eels despite the departure of Stuart, who secured him to a three-year deal in March.

Sharp, the former Eels premiership forward, said he expected Norman to report for pre-season next month and warned the days of reneging on deals at Parramatta are over.

"I want Corey Norman at our club because he is a great player," Sharp said. "He has the chance to show the world how good a five-eighth he can be. Will Hopoate is the same, I believe he will hit the ground running next year and rival Jarryd Hayne as the star of our team.

"These blokes have been signed to play for Parramatta and I expect them to turn up and play.

"I think Corey and Will are both guys of strong character and they want to come to our club because they are determined to show people they can play.

"But I will say this if they don't want to be here because a coach is not here, then I will use the money to buy a player that does want to be here.

"I know contracts don't seem to be worth two bob these days but they will be on my watch.

"It's my job to develop a culture at Parramatta and the club is bigger than any individual."

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...ands-off-hopoate/story-fni3fbgz-1226722921564

IFR33K

Coach
Sharpy is impressing me more and more.

So hoppa has been on our books the last two years.

Will be a dog act if he ups and leaves now.

Djay

Juniors
Great article, really feel sorry for Sharpie. Done a top job in a f**king hopeless and horrible time for the club.

I like his responses and he seems like he generally cares about Parra, one of the very few that do in our club.

Bigfella

Coach
I think the comment about buying players who want to be here is silly.

He just claimed they are coming - why undermine that? And let's face it there is no way in the world we are replacing hoppa or probably any of them at this stage with a player of anywhere near the same quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.