What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | 1st PF | Fri | Rabbitohs 20-30 Sea Eagles | ANZ

Grand Finalist #1: Rabbitohs or Sea Eagles?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2013-fw3souman.jpg

2013teams-sou-main.jpg

1. Greg Inglis
2. Nathan Merritt 3. Bryson Goodwin 4. Dylan Walker 5. Dylan Farrell
6. John Sutton 7. Adam Reynolds
8. Dave Tyrrell 9. Issac Luke 10. Luke Burgess
11. Sam Burgess 12. Ben Te’o
13. Jeff Lima

Interchange: 14. Jason Clark 15. Roy Asotasi 16. Chris McQueen 17. George Burgess
Reserves: 18. Ben Lowe 19. Luke Keary 20. Matt King

2013teams-man-alt.jpg

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon (c) 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams
6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Brenton Lawrence 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough 12. Justin Horo
13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange: 14. Richie Fa’aoso 15. Jamie Buhrer 16. Tom Symonds 17. George Rose
Reserves: 19. Peta Hiku 20. James Hasson 21. David Gower

2013teams-ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins and Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Grant Atkins
Video Referees: Steve Clark and Luke Patten

Holden Cup Under 20's Preliminary Final
Bulldogs v Warriors @ ANZ, Fri 5:15pm

VB NSW Cup Preliminary Final
North Sydney Bears (SOU) v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (CRO, MEL) @ Leichhardt Oval, Sun 1:00pm (Live on FOX Sports 1)

nrl2013-fw3souVman.jpg

Last edited:

MSIH

Bench
Can't write my boys off, they are an extremely tough unit. Geez this might be just a bit too tough though. A massive forward pack, who are refreshed against a possibly busted side.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think souths will be nervous as early, manly will need to get the jump on them cause I couldn't see manly running down a lead in their state.

If souths win hopefully it isn't handed to them on a plater by the refs.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Hoping the boys are fresh and firing early. I can see it going either way but we can win so long as we don't take them for granted.

Michael Bishop

Juniors
Manly will no doubt tire as the game goes on. They need to jump out of the blocks and get a lead then defend like crazy. Will be a tough ask against 17 fit and healthy players, 2 referees and a pro Souffs crowd. Fingers crossed they can do it.

Bumble

First Grade
Same deal as two weeks ago - not sure if we'll win, but if we do I'll enjoy reading this on Saturday morning.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
As much as I hate Manly and I puke a bit in my throat at the thought of tipping them, the possibility of continuing the Souffs 42 year nightmare for one more year seems too good to pass up.

Alas, if Souffs get away to a 2 try lead early, they'll win. If Manly hold on in the first half and give themselves a sniff in the second, I can see Souffs folding like a 2,7 off suit.

woodyk2

First Grade
Just watch the powers that be to look for any possible reason to not award Manly tries.I really hope the refs don't stuff this up. Manly by 8.

Galeforce

Bench
If you believe in fairytales,take the good odds and bet on Manly.Manly have been gallant, however that will not be good enough.

Souths will win because they will tear Manly apart up the middle.

Souths will win the penalty count , because Manly will try to counter Souths by being offside and slowing down Souths by holding them down and i am sure some brutality to unsettle Souths.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Souths will win the penalty count , because Manly will try to counter Souths by being offside and slowing down Souths by holding them down and i am sure some brutality to unsettle Souths.

It's either a conspiracy to give Souths penalties or teams are trying to slow down the ruck against us and are getting pinged.

Ockham's Razor points to the latter.

Go and watch the last game again and tell me otherwise.

Noa

First Grade
Souths will win easily.

And if they get the most penalties its because the way to beat them, more so then any other team, is hold down in the ruck as long as possible.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Given how our season has gone and last season and that we're coming off a rest, anything less than a win makes 2013 a failure.

We're the better team. We're the more rested team. But anything can happen in a preliminary final. Stranger things have happened in 80 minutes of rugby league.

Souths by 12

afinalsin666

First Grade
Come on manly. Bring half the intensity you brought to the roosters game and you'll bash then off the park. I want mr nutcracker to lose. More than lose, I want him embarrassed.

BranVan3000

Coach
Souths will win easily.

And if they get the most penalties its because the way to beat them, more so then any other team, is hold down in the ruck as long as possible.

No it's cause of the refereeing conspiracy

Latest posts