What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

English fans warn of Fiji Bati WC squad

milton

Juniors
http://www.fbc.com.fj/sports/13438/english-fans-warn-of-fiji-bati-wc-squad

Fiji Bati’s tentative team list submitted for the Rugby League World Cup in England is already lifting eyebrows among pool opponents Ireland, Australia and England.
17 NRL top guns which include Sisa Waqa, Akuila Uate, Taqele Naiyaravoro and Marika Koroibete is enough to impress English rugby league volunteers, Nigel Scott and Tom Whitehead who are currently in the country.
“It’s just a huge, huge calibre of players from the best competition in the world. People around the world are really going to sit up and take notice of Fiji because they’re going to come with a strong team. I just wish I could be there to see the teams."
“Overall the team under the guidance of Rick Stone, England have got a game on their hands. It’s the group of death and I’m sure Fiji will do themselves proud without a doubt.”
Fiji Bati assistant coach, Jo Dakuitoga says while attention is on the big names, teams should also be worried about some local players who have stardom potential.
“There are some young boys coming up Viliame Rakuli of the Sabeto Roosters, and Aisea Saravaki who is a hooker for the Nadera Panthers – these are some we are eyeing to make the World Cup squad.”
Fiji National Rugby League officials travel to Australia next week to carryout selections from the Quad Series which features, Australian Fijians and Country Fijians players.
17 will be chosen to travel to Fiji to compete in the final trials in the form of the Battle of the Bati.

NRL & Super League players: Jason Bukuya (2nd row, Cronulla Sharks), Kane Evans (front row, Sydney Roosters), Marika Koroibete (wing, West Tigers), Jacob Loko (centre/2nd row, Parramatta Eels), Kevin Naiqama (wing/fullback, Newcastle Knights), Wes Naiqama (centre, Penrith Panthers), Taqele Naiyaravoro (centre/2nd row, West Tigers), Daryl Millard (Centre, Catalan Dragons), Ashton Sims (front row, North Queensland Cowboys), Korbin Sims (front row, Newcastle Knights), Tariq Sims (2nd row, North Queensland Cowboys), John Sutton (five-eighth, South Sydney Roosters), Lote Tuqiri (wing/centre/fullback, West Tigers), Sisa Waqa (wing/centre, Melbourne Storm), Brayden Joji Wiliame (wing/centre, Parramatta Eels), Semi Radradra (wing, Parramatta Eels), Akuila Uate (wing, Newcastle Knights), Petero Civoniceva (front row, Redcliffe Dolphins).
National team officials: Mesake Navugona (team manager), Rick Stone head coach), Josaia Dakuitoga (assistant head coach), Wise Kativerata (assistant head coach), Rev Ilaitia Tagituimua (team pastor), Mick Reid (high performance manager), Simon Wray (physio), Peter N McGeoch (doctor), Graham Perkins (head trainer), Josefa Ravatudei (tour manager), Tomi Finau (media liaison)

Bronco Rob

Juniors
That's a seriously good squad if they all play and I've said it before, with the progress Fiji are making domestically, they are going to be competitive with the Top 3 in a few years time.

I'd really like to see the NRL fund fulltime development officers and academies in all the South Pacific nations, let's shore up Rugby League as the number one game in the Pacific and build from there.

deluded pom?

Coach
The probability Rob is play the WC and then let the likes of Fiji fend for themselves instead of sorting out a proper international calendar.

RedVee

First Grade
Good ol'Wise man as an assistant coach.

Good collection of players if they all come together.

Bovrick

Juniors
Great squad and amazing depth in the backs, but a bit of a lack of spine players beyond Sutton.

Springs

First Grade
What about wank-stain Hayne? Fiji resurrected his bitch-ass career in 2008. He owes them.

Judging by how he went after that World Cup, as an Eels fan I hope he indeed plays for them.

However he has said he would like to play for Fiji only if he misses out on Australia, in which case I hope Fiji don't even consider him.

Boston13s

Juniors
I think Lote Tuquiri might be out. It was announced yesterday that he's signed a 3 month deal with Leinster RU

Evil Homer

Staff member
Aaron Groom he plays for the Bears. Naiqama played abit of halves for Windsor in the NSW Cup. I pressume they will be additions later anyway
I wasn't thinking of Aaron Groom, I remember him from the last WC. He came over to play for Sheffield in the UK but was pretty garbage and ended up leaving after one year, surely they have better options than him.

I remember Alipate Noilea, Fiji's 6 from the last WC was a gun, anyone know if he's in contention again?

hutch

First Grade
Hayne will be in the Aussie squad, tuqiri is gone, uate isn't eligible, Taqele Naiyaravoro is out for the year and Sutton has not shown any interest in playing for Fiji as of yet. In saying that, it will still be a gun side and should make the quarters at least.