What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and ElephantJuice in sport investigation part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Sounds like a Rorters cover up. Dismissed the company in mid January yet didn't notify the integrity comission till mid year?? With all the increased awareness around Asada etc. I find that to be unusual at the least. Also wondering if this has only surfaced because of the Sandor Earl interview tonight.....seems like uncanny timing considering his previous connection with the club/players.

stevie013

Juniors
No its not ok. I'd rather see the Rorters relocated than the Sharks. Fu*k em off.

id rather see no one relocated. but the amount of shit that cronulla have copped about asada and they have no positive drug tests at all....thats right, NONE.

here the roosters have 6 of the them, and what of it? not alot it seems, its ok because they say its ok. screams of double standards.

Lambretta

First Grade
Sounds like a Rorters cover up. Dismissed the company in mid January yet didn't notify the integrity comission till mid year?? With all the increased awareness around Asada etc. I find that to be unusual at the least. Also wondering if this has only surfaced because of the Sandor Earl interview tonight.....seems like uncanny timing considering his previous connection with the club/players.

The integrity commission wasn't set up in Mid January
The NRL only announced that they would be setting one up in February

Still, even with the commission having their hands full with the Sharks, June seems a little latte!

Stinkler

Juniors
Is it possible that these "unauthorised tests" conducted by this mob had been tampered with to allow this "organised crime" guy to worm his way into the Roosters team?

Or are the Roosters a team of drug cheats who should be moved to Rockhampton?

Or do "islanders" have higher HGH levels and "spike" at random times? (How does that explain Boyd Cordner?)

Ask Sandor, he'll tell us everything!!!

Lambretta

First Grade
id rather see no one relocated. but the amount of shit that cronulla have copped about asada and they have no positive drug tests at all....thats right, NONE.

here the roosters have 6 of the them, and what of it? not alot it seems, its ok because they say its ok. screams of double standards.

No, the Roosters have not had any positive drug tests results

Elevated Human Growth Hormone readings can occur for a number of reasons. Having elevated readings does not a positive test make. For example, if you are sick or if you have a diet that is high in certain proteins or you work out a lot you could have elevated levels. Also race can play a part. Pacific Islanders have higher natural levels than caucasian people for example at certain times of their lives.

Elevated growth hormone levels are a warning sign that there may be other issues there that require addressing such as follow up testing, medical assistance for a virus or a change in diet.

Professional athletes often have levels that are higher than normal, especially if say they're going through a growth spurt in their teens. It's important to determine the baseline you're comparing one person to vs another and to also determine if there are genuine reasons as to why this can occur. Making blanket statements such as "players have tested positive" does no one any favours and only serves to muddy the waters and cast suspicion on people that do not deserve it. Such as we've seen with Cronulla all year.

For the record I have not flung any dirt at Cronulla - nor will I do so and I have been highly critical of the whole ElephantJuice in sport thing from the start. I personally think it's a f**king farce with more political bullshit surrounding it than anything else.

People have been using it as a vehicle to take the focus off their own failings and it's been a f**king disgrace from the get go.

Now it's being used to try and destabilise a club right on the eve of the Finals. The timing couldn't have been more obvious.

Lambretta

First Grade
Or do "islanders" have higher HGH levels and "spike" at random times? (How does that explain Boyd Cordner?)

Ask Sandor, he'll tell us everything!!!

From the book of Sandor - page 274 - chapter 2.
Boyd Cordner is an anagram of "shoots up da juice" in Samoan

PS. Chapter one focuses on 273 of pages of "reasons why Shandor is awesome - with pictures"

His planned follow up book will be "Book of dudes - Sandor makes his comeback with South Sydney"

Feej

First Grade
I still find it amazing that all this ASADA stuff is *supposed* to be done privately and results passed to the NRL. There's a massive leak somewhere.

Canard

Immortal
Surely this testing wasn't carried out by ASADA?

As if you would have to give "consent" to ASADA for testing, and what to test for??

Players "Yeh, no worries mate test me, but I don't give consent for you to test for Steriods or HGH"

ASADA "No worries"

First Grade
Will be a sad day if this turns out to bring charges against some roosters. Would hate it if they beat us on Saturday night then later on they end up with an asterix beside their name.

Quigs

Immortal
It's got to be Cronulla's fault. It's the Sharks fault...

Gee who'd a thunk that the rorters would... oh well.

Lambretta

First Grade
Will be a sad day if this turns out to bring charges against some roosters. Would hate it if they beat us on Saturday night then later on they end up with an asterix beside their name.

Mate - it's all part of a campaign by organised crime.... (a couple of known gangas called the NSW Police and the media) to destabilse the Roosters as part of a massive betting plunge on Newcastle.

;-)

BunniesMan

Immortal
Meanwhile somewhere someone in the Cordner family is looking through the family tree to find an Islander cousin/uncle/babysitter/neighbour/workmate...

MSIH

Bench
The timing is too suss for this to be anything other than a beat-up.

Bennett probably pulled in a favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts