What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryobi Cup 2013/2014

VICTORIAN cricket fans face a shutout from the national 50-over competition, the Ryobi Cup, one year out from the MCG hosting the World Cup final.

Cricket Australia is set to shrink the schedule and play all matches in Sydney in October.

The Herald Sun believes teams will play six matches at grade cricket venues and, depending on availability, the SCG.

Last summer, the Ryobi Cup was played across 165 days, culminating on February 26 when Queensland defeated Victoria in an epic final at the MCG.

But in a five-Test Ashes summer and with a greater emphasis on the Twenty20 Big Bash, the 50-over competition will start and finish in about three weeks.

A Cricket Australia spokesman confirmed the overhaul of the format.

"The thinking is to play the format in a condensed block at the beginning of the season,'' he said.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cri...-start-of-season/story-fni2usfi-1226688989139

:oops::lol:

Interesting way to prepare for a home World Cup less than a year and a half away I must say.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bankstown oval today NSW crumbling v Tassie

8/163 46 overs

S Smith 70 (99)
Henriques 35 (49)
Warner 4 (16)
Haddin 5 (10)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Didnt know this was on today, given the NRL over the weekend.

Shouldve started after the NRL.

TheParraboy

Staff member
9/178 50 overs

pathetic score

Warner will get dropped from nsw one day side soon the way hes going

TheParraboy

Staff member
AJ Doolan, MJ Cosgrove, EJM Cowan, GJ Bailey

tassies top 4 should get this under 40 overs

Timbo

Staff member
I was out there today, good game.

Despite the tiny ground, the pitch was pretty bad. Really low bounce, ball seemed to hold up in the pitch and occasionally shoot through. Batting was tough against good bowling.

On another note, can someone explain to me why Bankstown Oval had a permanent video screen? I can't imagine how a council could possibly justify that!

steggz

Juniors
I don't think it's permanent, but they will have a number of games there for this comp, so it makes sense that they've got something there for the duration

TheParraboy

Staff member
kinda weird having Lyon play for the blues...

Moises 4/17 and a solid 35 on a bowlers deck
Could force his way into our one day squad this summer if he keeps this up

Timbo

Staff member
I don't think it's permanent, but they will have a number of games there for this comp, so it makes sense that they've got something there for the duration

It absolutely is permanent. It's mounted on the roof of the indoor centre and there's a plaque on the wall dedicating it and everything.

$10 to get in. Food and beer reasonable prices. 15 international players out of 22. The crowd was 819.

I don't get it.