What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M winners: some certain, some controversial.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
As much as i hate Manly Foran or DCE deserve Dally M player of the year,they both carve people up every week,disgrace if Jonathon Plod gets it.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
always 1 or 2 complete shockers in these.

Milford has probably been the most exciting out of the rookies but Gurgess has been the most consistent since round 1

firechild

First Grade
Full back: Greg Inglis

Centre: Jamie Lyon

Five eighth: Johnathan Thurston

Lock: Sam Burgess

Second Row: Sonny Bill Williams

Hooker: Friend

Rookie: Hiku

Coach: Toovey

Dally M Player of the Year: DCE

Winger: Jorge Taufua

Half back: Daly Cherry-Evans

Prop: Andrew Fifita

While I don't think you're too far off, I think it's probably wishful thinking on some. Hiku has been great but George Burgess has been outstanding. Milford has also been very good.

Toovey has done an outstanding job getting the team peaking at the right time but will be overlooked due to Manly's recent success, Robinson has done great things with a team that came 13th last season. Robinson will be a deserving winner.

woodyk2

First Grade
While I don't think you're too far off, I think it's probably wishful thinking on some. Hiku has been great but George Burgess has been outstanding. Milford has also been very good.

Toovey has done an outstanding job getting the team peaking at the right time but will be overlooked due to Manly's recent success, Robinson has done great things with a team that came 13th last season. Robinson will be a deserving winner.
But Robinson does not have to work with a dysfunctional board.

Fullback: GI
Wing: Taufua
Centre: Lyon
5/8: Maloney (although Carney, Sutton, Foran or Mullen could easily take this)
Halfback: Cronk
Prop: Fifita
Hooker: Smith
Second Row: Sonny
Lock: Parker (aren't Sam and Gal ineligible for having 2 suspensions?)

Rookie: George Burgess
Coach: Robinson
Captain: Smith
Dally M: Cronk (although I can conceivably see Cherry or any of the guys I named at 5/8 winning it)

Tommax25

Bench
Surely this is a piss take.

Twas. Should be the Burg.

Yeah I was half serious with some of those (Hiku, and I don't think Thurston deserves 5/8 really, it's an open field imo but I would give it to Mullen).

Toovey was 100% wishful thinking, Robinson will get it for sure, and not undeserved. Just feels like no matter how well Manly does our coach never seems to win, despite success for the players. Did Des ever win one? Not that I remember.

DC_fan

Coach
Greg Inglis as player of the year. Not saying he deserves it, just saying he will get it

unbreaK

Juniors
Fullback: Inglis
5/8: Sutton
Halfback: Cherry-Evans
Second Row: S.B.Williams
Lock: Parker

Rookie: G.Burgess
Dally M: Cherry-Evans

firechild

First Grade
Fullback: Inglis
5/8: Sutton
Halfback: Cherry-Evans
Second Row: S.B.Williams

Rookie: G.Burgess
Dally M: Cherry-Evans

I reckon this is pretty spot on. Possibly Thurston over Sutton but Sutton has been fantastic this year and thoroughly deserves it. Thurston has had a mixed season with plenty of outstanding games.

Smith seems to be a shoe-in every year for the hooker award but Jake Friend, Luke and Ballin have all been exceptional. Would be nice to see someone besides Smith win it but it won't happen.

ek999

First Grade
Josh Reynolds will go close to Dally M IMO. Was the only Bulldog who really stood up at the back end of the season and would have scored points in most matches. Thurston will probably win it though. 3 points back when the voting went silent and he would have picked up a lot of 2 and 3 pointers in the last 6 weeks. The quiet finish in the last few weeks by Inglis will see him miss out even though he would be a deserving winner.

My team of the year
FB :Inglis
Wing: McManus (maybe Simmons)
5/8: Thurston
HB: DCE
Hooker: Smith (Friend as a smoky)
SR: SBW
Captain: Mini
Rookie: Gurgess but I would rather Harris