What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thieving scumbags

carcharias

Immortal
This needs some exposure...maybe someone from here saw what happened.

http://www.theleader.com.au/story/1814322/young-knights-fans-wheelchair-stolen/?cs=1255

Jacob Price’s mum reckons it is almost impossible to get the smile off the face of her little ‘‘gigglepot’’.

Even with a debilitating hip condition which has confined him to a wheelchair for all but short stints, the 11-year-old has remained an upbeat, happy-go-lucky and sports-mad boy.
So it is easy to gauge how heartbroken the 11-year-old was when he cried himself to sleep on Saturday after callous thieves stole his wheelchair as he cheered on his beloved Newcastle Knights at Sydney’s Allianz Stadium.
He has been confined to the family’s East Maitland home ever since.
Jacob suffers from bilateral Perthes’ disease, a condition where both his hip joints have degenerated and he is unable to spend a lot of time on his feet.
He was diagnosed with the condition four years ago and will continue to suffer until he can get hip replacement surgery when he stops growing in about another seven years.
Jacob was part of a group of about eight family and friends who travelled to Sydney to watch the Knights take on the Sydney Roosters in a bid to make the NRL grand final.
Sitting with the rest of his East Maitland family and friends meant Jacob’s father, Kyle, stored his son’s wheelchair nearby.
Security staff then moved the chair to another position and when the Prices returned, already deflated by a Knights loss, the rented wheelchair was gone.
‘‘Apparently it was there at half time but when we returned it was gone,’’ Mrs Price said.
‘‘It was pretty devastating - we couldn’t get Jacob back to the car for starters.’’
The wheelchair had been hired from Westmead Childrens Hospital, with Jacob’s growing body meant it was more financially viable to hire rather than buy and have him outgrow the chair.
But it means the family has to find $1300 to replace it before they even start to add up the rest of the damage.
‘‘To look at, it was obviously a child’s wheelchair,’’ Mrs Price said.
‘‘It was smaller, it had the hospital’s bandaged bear all over the back of it.
‘‘And that is another thing, the hospital only has limited funds, limited resources and limited stock to go around.’’
But the family’s anger has turned to hope after a social media campaign created a massive wave of support and goodwill.
A facebook status on a Knights page made it to Twitter and onto some of the players, the NRL and the stadium.

Paralympic hero Kurt Fearnley also heard of Jacob’s plight on Tuesday and has vowed to do all he can to help find a replacement.
‘‘The support has been extraordinary, overwhelming - we can not thank people enough,’’ Mrs Price said.

Canard

Immortal
Dogs - Hope theyre found out and shamed

Cmon man, why do you need to always pick on one club.......

But serioulsy, this happened at the MCG a few weeks ago, and the scumbags were quickly caught by review of the CCTV footage.

Im guessing its a couple of pissed up bogans (as was the case in Melbourne)

Unbelievable.

Surely there is a special place reserved in hell for scumbags of this calibre. When they are found, they should have both of their hips broken just so that they can experience a small piece of what this kid lives with.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Cmon man, why do you need to always pick on one club.......

But serioulsy, this happened at the MCG a few weeks ago, and the scumbags were quickly caught by review of the CCTV footage.

Im guessing its a couple of pissed up bogans (as was the case in Melbourne)

Ha ha I didnt mean it like that! :cool:

no name

Coach
Karma for Buderus getting in Slater's way??

Seriously though, f**king low act. Hope they find the deadbeats who did this.

Pig Champion

Juniors
Security moved it, therefore they should take some responsibility. If personal property such as a wheelchair has to be stored somewhere else you'd think it would be a secure area.

Also I hope the scumbag/s are on CCTV then put it out on social media.

Danish

Referee
$1300 to replace it?

Surely the league community can pass the hat around and buy this kid a new chair. f**k I'll throw in $100 myself if a dozen other people are happy to go in.

Complete and utter pricks who stole it. Hopefully they find them on camera and whoever they are is banned for life from all NRL events then handed over to the authorities for whatever limp-wristed punishment today's legal system would hand down.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It's probably still where security moved it to. It's just they are usually so inept that no one knows where it got moved to.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
thats horrible, having your team belted then needing somone to carry you out of the stadium would make a very ordinary night

aqua_duck

Coach
$1300 to replace it?

Surely the league community can pass the hat around and buy this kid a new chair. f**k I'll throw in $100 myself if a dozen other people are happy to go in.

Complete and utter pricks who stole it. Hopefully they find them on camera and whoever they are is banned for life from all NRL events then handed over to the authorities for whatever limp-wristed punishment today's legal system would hand down.

Allianz stadium have offered to folk out the money for the wheelchair

shiznit

Coach
thats horrible, having your team belted then needing somone to carry you out of the stadium would make a very ordinary night

You just described an average night at the footy for a Parra fan who always has one too many schooners...

In all seriousness... Why on earth would you steal a wheelchair??

I'm sure C9 or some other stakeholder could rustle up a few quid to help this family out.

If it's open for the public to donate Im happy donate something.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I can just imagine that this was going through the idiots minds.

i-hate-it-when-people-take-my-glasses.jpg

Stagger Lee

Bench
The fact that security moved it IMO means that they should take responsibility for it. Did they have a secure area for putting wheelchairs / prams / strollers?
Do they have set procedures for taking and handing back wheelchairs / prams / strollers ?

Latest posts