What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/85975

Eels Appoint Head Coach

Wednesday 16 October 2013 12:00 PM

The Pirtek Parramatta Eels are proud to announce Brad Arthur as the club's Head Coach for the next three seasons.

Brad Arthur returns to the Eels after a season as Assistant Coach with the Manly Sea Eagles. Prior to 2013, Arthur was an Assistant Coach at Parramatta, taking over as interim Coach for the final six games of 2012.

He also spent three years as a part of the Melbourne Storm’s coaching staff under Craig Bellamy.

Arthur, a local junior from the Parramatta district, has declared the appointment an honour and privilege.

“To return as a Head Coach in an area and a club where I played football as a young man is extremely humbling and very exciting,” Arthur said.

“I have full confidence in the playing roster for next year, as well as the people at the Parramatta Eels to get this club moving in the right direction."

Pirtek Parramatta Eels CEO Scott Seward has lauded the appointment as the start of a new era for the club.

“This has been a thorough process and both myself and the PNRL Board are incredibly satisfied with this result,” Seward said.

“Brad Arthur has served a wonderful apprenticeship under the likes of Craig Bellamy and Geoff Toovey and we are confident that he is the right man to take us forward.”

So an article is released with not one quote and everyone believes it?
I find it funny how so many people on here are quick to hang s**t on the tele, but as soon as there is something to support the argument or agenda they believe it as fact.

Our club sells papers, and gets clicks on internet pages, media will exaggerate any little story about us because it sells.

Why don't we just wait till the final announcement. There is a lot that happens behind closed doors at the club that no one really knows about, a lot of good things have happened already from this board but is sadly forgotten about so quickly from false and mis guided media reports that people choose the believe.

Very true. And there are things that go on behind closed doors that nobody should know about, but one goose is happy to open his mouth about to the media. How do you explain the direct quotes attributed to Sharp last week re the I wanted BA but got outvoted stuff? It is up against serious competition, but that is the dumbest thing I've seen us do administratively.

For all their many failings, the Tele were spot on about RS, but several posters here refused to give the story any credence.....and then very quickly changed their tune. Now, of course, if you make 2000 predictions some of them will come true.

emjaycee

Coach
When will we stop being called the "Pirtek Parramatta Eels" and start being called the 'Dyldam Parramatta Eels" or the "NRL team previously known as the Pirtek Parramatta Eels"?

eels81236

Bench
The bullshit that has gone on the past 3 weeks regarding this coaching saga has made me think that I will more than likely contest the next elections.

I've had enough of this crap

Absolutely no care for the members

I figured you were already on the board. You seem to know the finer details in things.
How do you know about contract negotiations? How could you know without being on the board or being that Seward dude or by being jt or his lawyer? How do you know about a contract being redrawn.

Who is the dude leaking all this shit to you so that I can vote for you instead of him? That's so long as you keep coming here with the juicy gossip. Just cut out the middle man.

When will we stop being called the "Pirtek Parramatta Eels" and start being called the 'Dyldam Parramatta Eels" or the "NRL team previously known as the Pirtek Parramatta Eels"?

They've realised that Dyldam Parramatta Eels sounds like a product available at Club X, and are thinking of a better way of putting it. ;-)

Djay

Juniors
Good news, very happy to hear he got the gig, hopefully he can lead us out of this mess.

Joely01

Bench
Very true. And there are things that go on behind closed doors that nobody should know about, but one goose is happy to open his mouth about to the media. How do you explain the direct quotes attributed to Sharp last week re the I wanted BA but got outvoted stuff? It is up against serious competition, but that is the dumbest thing I've seen us do administratively.

For all their many failings, the Tele were spot on about RS, but several posters here refused to give the story any credence.....and then very quickly changed their tune. Now, of course, if you make 2000 predictions some of them will come true.

Maybe he never got out voted and just played the media at there on games for a week, while the finer details of BAs contract got sorted.

I figured you were already on the board. You seem to know the finer details in things.
How do you know about contract negotiations? How could you know without being on the board or being that Seward dude or by being jt or his lawyer? How do you know about a contract being redrawn.

Who is the dude leaking all this shit to you so that I can vote for you instead of him? That's so long as you keep coming here with the juicy gossip. Just cut out the middle man.

Fair points, mate.

We get all riled up when the board leaks but have no problem drinking from the fountain of Jodeci, which funnily enough is fed from the same leaks.

Not anything against Jodeci, mind you. I've never met him personally but he seems like a stand up bloke. I wouldn't be running on the same ticket as him if I didn't hold him in the highest regard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts