What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels appoint Ando as GM Football

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Probably the same way we judged our previous coachs and CEOs??... In fact I would say if you cloaked follow the parhways and development of our players from 14s and15s onwards and your closely involved with the parramatta junior league than I would say it would be easy to form an appraisal on his performance, but granted not everyone will be able to do it..

And no doubt people will try.

spartan2153

Juniors
just saw the ray price interview.

WOW. The further this guy is away from the eels the better. Calling anderson a loser. LOL

WOW i can honestly say now we know why fitzy didnt let him near the club.

oldmancraigy

Coach
i dont, we let go of good first grade talent to chase players that weren't off contract. it has contributed to the eroding of this roster and our two wooden spoons.

Pretty sure we signed up a State of Origin prop with the money we didn't spend on a guy who hadn't manage to represent city. Oh, and the SoO rep was cheaper.

The amounts Inu and Mateo were paid was ludicrous. We could've matched that money, but we wouldn't have had success because we kept them. We would've done just as poorly (if not more so).
Worth noting that the club which signed Inu paid him to play elsewhere to get rid of him, and the club which took him on a massive discount doesn't want him either.
Mateo is a bench player - for $450k? You're kidding me.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
just saw the ray price interview.

WOW. The further this guy is away from the eels the better. Calling anderson a loser. LOL

WOW i can honestly say now we know why fitzy didnt let him near the club.

Isn't Price a PDRL board member?

This is awkward.

Pazza

First Grade
Pretty sure we signed up a State of Origin prop with the money we didn't spend on a guy who hadn't manage to represent city. Oh, and the SoO rep was cheaper.

The amounts Inu and Mateo were paid was ludicrous. We could've matched that money, but we wouldn't have had success because we kept them. We would've done just as poorly (if not more so).
Worth noting that the club which signed Inu paid him to play elsewhere to get rid of him, and the club which took him on a massive discount doesn't want him either.

wasn't Tahu the replacement for Inu?

the money they were offered was a bit over the top but they both have more talent between the two of them than half our first grade squad. fact to the matter is we have won 2 wooden spoons and to say that we would have done worse with them in the side is just laughable.

Loudstrat

Coach
Inu and Mateo were major losses. 2010 sw us facing an impossible task to keep our 09 squad together under the cap. After shedding Robson, Gulavau, Kingston, Lowrie et-al, we banked on Mortimer, Inu and Mateo to support Hayne and Mannah in the building of the post Cayless/Hindy/Grothe/Burt era. That the Warriors threw cash at them wasnt our fault, but admins at other clubs would not have let it happen.

Throw Mateo and Inu in our side from the last few years, and maybe we wouldnt have bought the likes of Tonga, Sandow or Roberts. It meant we might have stuck with Albert Kelly. Who knows.

I do know that we have thrown big money to attract players into positions vacated by Mateo and Inu.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Sixty minutes off the bench is worth as much as sixty minutes starting.

The reason Mateo isn't worth as much as the elite edge forwards is because his defence is garbage. Like Dave Taylor, he is an elite attacking player out wide but in defence he is a liability.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
wasn't Tahu the replacement for Inu?

In 2010 we had both of them on the books. Plus Hayne, Grothe, Burt and Reddy.

At full strength we couldn't have fit them all into the team.

the money they were offered was a bit over the top but they both have more talent between the two of them than half our first grade squad. fact to the matter is we have won 2 wooden spoons and to say that we would have done worse with them in the side is just laughable.

A wooden spoon means nothing. Better clubs than ours have won the spoon since their last premiership, and some (including the two most recent premiers) have won a premiership within a couple of years of a wooden spoon.

Sometimes coming last is the price you have to pay for future success. Although as they say, not all pain is gain.

Sujskiez

Juniors
Oh well look in the bright side with the influence of DA in our club the refs are less likely to target us with penalties:roll::roll:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Sixty minutes off the bench is worth as much as sixty minutes starting.

Yes - but if an edge 'attack only' forward isn't playing 80 minutes, then the fact he's a "bench only" kind of guy starts to take on some significance right? And he ought to be remunerated accordingly...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He starts most games, though I think he's better off the bench.

Agree that <80 minute players deserve less money (duh) but in Mateo's favour he hasn't missed a game since 2009. So he's still played more minutes than Jarryd Hayne these past two years.

But yeah, $450k if true is too much. Or at least it was back in 2011. There would be a few back rowers on more than that these days.