What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Holden Cup Team and junior reps thread, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

magpie4ever

First Grade
You don't rate Doolan??... I think the kid is a bit of a freak.

Yes I do, but when you have the HM capt and 5/8 (Vidal) from the winning HM side of 2102, it would be hard to see him being replaced; but, given it is Parra;-); who would know.

I will say this (as my bloke pulled out of the last trial the other night due to the other offer on the table), there was a lot of very good local footballers not named or overlooked in Parra squad.

Last edited:

magpie4ever

First Grade
Please show me where I said that Layoun was ahead of Khoury?

All I said was that it was nice to see the club retain the HM spine, as in the 2013 spine, particularly in the face of (rumoured) poaching from other clubs.

You seem to rate the kids from the 2012 class over those of 2013, all well and good as more competition isn't a bad thing. Whoever proves to be the better players will rise to the top at this bracket.

You didn't, I just stated some facts.

I do.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes I do, but when you have the HM capt and 5/8 (Vidal) from the winning HM side of 2102, it would be hard to see him being replaced; but, given it is Parra;-); who would know.

I will say this (as my bloke pulled out of the last trial the other night due to the other offer on the table), there was a lot of very good local footballers not named or overlooked in Parra squad.

Just shows how strong the ones who were selected are.

Anyway, if these talented players are any good some other club will pick them up. Eventually. Look at Luke Keary - no club was interested until the year he turned 19.

I tried, Bazza. :lol:

Amazed at some of the names not listed; but in saying that, I don't know if they have moved on to other district rep teams.

Oh well, it's better than one of my efforts when younger. After storming out of a pub that done something to annoy me (I think they'd banned a mate of mine for drinking a schooner while standing on his head), and proclaiming 'you won't see me again'....I returned 5 minutes later to collect the wallet that I'd left there. ;-)

magpie4ever

First Grade
Just shows how strong the ones who were selected are.

Anyway, if these talented players are any good some other club will pick them up. Eventually. Look at Luke Keary - no club was interested until the year he turned 19.

True, but if they only trialled with Parra, their SG Ball season is gone as I believe Norths (the last of the district teams) trialled last weekend and the Parra list was only released today.

I hope those who didn't make it were given the heads up, so they could trial with the Bears.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Oh well, it's better than one of my efforts when younger. After storming out of a pub that done something to annoy me (I think they'd banned a mate of mine for drinking a schooner while standing on his head), and proclaiming 'you won't see me again'....I returned 5 minutes later to collect the wallet that I'd left there. ;-)

Was the wallet empty or did you order another schooner or two?:D

Stagger eel

Staff member
I've been told that parra will have several under age kids in the HM Mathews squad and a few in SG ball squad to cater the development of 2 very talented age groups in the 15s and 16s, I was actually told early in the year that club had some of the best 14 and 15 year olds in the land at the club as part of their junior development squad and are building to prepare them for NYC on2 to 3 years time, I think delboy who's close to the scene there in junior footy would confirm that.

Delboy

First Grade
Very much so, the Harold Matts looks very strong, the size and athleticism of some of the names coming through is amazing

Having said that, Penrith will still be there, the Battle of the West showed how tough the age groups are. What will be of stronger note will be who is appointed to NYC coach, they will have to keep a keen eye on the SG Ball side as there are very good players there too.

Looks like we will find out he NRL coach tomorrow, and then we can guess at the supporting staff, I would like to see Brad Arthur get the gig as I think he has enough mean streak in him to get the best out of the club

Forty20

First Grade
I believe he is a teacher at Kings, doubt the NYC role will be full time if he is appointed.

Fair enough mate, makes sense. Just wanted to confirm with Stagger seeing as it was apparently one of the reasons Webster left us to go back to the Wests-Tigers.

forestfan

Juniors
why is the eels junior base always talked up?

yet u20 is so useless

should of made a play for John Ackland..

Status
Not open for further replies.