What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving the Western Sydney Panthers to Blacktown

Loudstrat

Coach
Why not move Blacktown to Penrith? Penrict would get all those GWS fans that flock to the footy at Blacktown

murraymob

First Grade
Why not move Blacktown to Penrith? Penrict would get all those GWS fans that flock to the footy at Blacktown

Only problem is the GWS ground is not in Blacktown its in Rooty Hill kinda ironic when you consider they screwed the rate payers got a ground then took off to Hombush

ucantseeme

Juniors
I guess looking long term, there is a 2nd airport potentially being built out west which could potentially create thousands of jobs causing a significant population spurt in a short amount of time in the Penrith district. Obviously the Panthers woul;d like to tap into that. So 25 years from now the could potentially lift there crowd average to 15k per game. Potentially. Or move to Perth next year and achieve the same right away.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
People who live in Penrith support the Wests Tigers and Parramatta Eels,kick the Panthers out of the comp and than let the Tigers and Eels play games out of Centrederp Stadium.

age.s

First Grade
People who live in Penrith support the Wests Tigers and Parramatta Eels,kick the Panthers out of the comp and than let the Tigers and Eels play games out of Centrederp Stadium.

As a Parramatta resident I find this comment pretty funny.

Puntastic

Juniors
I'm still not entirely convinced that Gus' dropping the "Penrith" from our name isn't an indication we might become the "Western" Panthers somewhere down the road, similar to Easts, in order to try and encompass a bigger fan base and geographic area - also to compete with the GWS.

chrisD

Coach
I'm still not entirely convinced that Gus' dropping the "Penrith" from our name isn't an indication we might become the "Western" Panthers somewhere down the road, similar to Easts, in order to try and encompass a bigger fan base and geographic area - also to compete with the GWS.

I think he's eyeing a future where Parra, Dogs, Tigers and Panthers will one day exist as only 3 single entities. He's probably thinking the larger geographical area the Panthers apparently represent then the more identity they're likely to keep.

docbrown

Coach
I guess looking long term, there is a 2nd airport potentially being built out west which could potentially create thousands of jobs causing a significant population spurt in a short amount of time in the Penrith district. Obviously the Panthers woul;d like to tap into that. So 25 years from now the could potentially lift there crowd average to 15k per game. Potentially. Or move to Perth next year and achieve the same right away.

GWS_popn.JPG

By 2036 the areas that constitute Panthers primary based will have a combined population of 750k-900k.

The Panthers will never have a better opportunity to grow their club. They need to be getting the majority of rugby league supports that relocate North/West on Prospect to convert to the Panthers brand.

I'm not saying that they need to relocate necessarily, they just need to capture these areas better. That said if you look at the location of the Blacktown International Sportspark it's not the geographic centre but it's close to being the population centre of Penrith-Blacktown-Rouse Hill areas.

sydney_gws_low-res.jpg

franklin2323

Immortal
Penrith is the middle of their Area. Rouse Hill etc is Parramatta's. East of Blacktown Train Station is Parra as well. You would be moving them closer to them.

Last edited:

Latest posts