What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric Grothe Jnr - to make a comeback

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Like I said in the other thread, it's easy to pick up a Blues jersey. All you need is for your club to be playing well and they'll f**k the incumbent off and throw a jersey at the latest flash in the pan.

strider

Post Whore
I literally just saw him in Cronulla. He looks in great shape. Like Jake the Muss said, "Maybe too much weights and not enough speed work."

same - i saw him and his dad at cronulla on tuesday and he looked like he never quit

maroubra - i asked him to sign my left butt cheek

if he plays for another club i think he would have stand down from the football club board as well, not a good look for a different club.

Hindyscrack

Bench
I'd have him back in a heart beat... if he's fit and committed I'd sign him up as he'd only add value to the squad

Parraren

Bench
Absolutely loved him at his best in the blue and gold but the way he pulled the pin on us in pre season was piss weak.

Wasted talent who should have applied himself when he had the chance.

natheel

Coach
I'd sign him in a heart beat one year deal. What have we got to lose ? We came last!!!

This. If he has a good attitude and I reckon Anderson being appointed at the club as retention and recruitment I wouldn't be surprised if we are talking to him. Someone on twitter asked if he would be coming to eels he just said he wasn't sure at this stage. He could've flat out said no not talking to them

Kenny

Juniors
We saw him in Bathurst a few weeks ago and he said then he was making a comeback. Thought he was taking the p**s. He was talking about playing at Wenty.

Eelementary

Post Whore
No, thank you.

I mean, he was great for us, but:

* he is 33;
* he's said he only plays football to pay the bills (not the sort of attitude you'd want from a senior player when you're trying to build a new, positive culture);
* I'm not sure he's any better at his age and after a few years out of the game than any of the wingers we currently have.

ParraUnagi

Juniors
Correct me if I'm wrong…

His defence was poor. Kept on coming inside when the ball came his way and haemorrhaged points down his side constantly.

I thought he was a little slow compared to other wingers at his time.

And he bloody well left because he lost his passion/want to pursue music more than footy???