What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trials?

bruisershark

Juniors
has anyone heard about any nrl trials next year?i know with a lot of the players at the world cup and the auckland nines starting next year,are they're any nrl trials at all next year?:crazy:

I would imagine that each club would play at least 1 trials match in Oz. But that may just about be it.

Apart from the Charity Shield (Saints-Souths), I wouldn't sure who'd or where the other games would be at

rnb11

Juniors
Apart from the Knights hosting their own "All Stars" match where a handful of Knights first graders will verse local indigenous players, they only have one trial on Feb 22 possibly against Roosters but venue/opposition are not confirmed.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think the last trial game in Perth (Cowboys from memory) drew 12,500. Last trial game in Tassie drew 14,000. Beats me why more teams don't take trials games on the road?

Joely01

Bench
I'm pretty sure part of the Parramatta agreement with Darwin, is to play a trial every year in Alice Springs, so we will be playing one there, just not sure against who.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
- Back to Belmore (Bulldogs v Rabbitohs) - Sunday 9th
- Charity Shield (Rabbitohs v Dragons) - weekend of the 23rd
- Charity Cup (Bulldogs v Storm @ Suncorp) - weekend of the 23rd
- Parramatta hosting one at Darwin or Alice
- Knights rumoured 2nd string trial v Roosters on the Nine's weekend. They'll play an Indigenous rep side on the 8th (more of a grades trial than an official one)
- Foundation Cup Roosters v Tigers (TBC - might be ditched for the WCC)
- Nines, obviously.
- WCC Roosters v Wigan... in Australia?

That's about it so far I think.

Valheru

Coach
- WCC Roosters v Wigan... in Australia?

I can’t find anything solid on this apart from “Sydney is poised to host the WCC for the first time in X years” and “it is pencilled in for Feb 22”

I can?t find anything solid on this apart from ?Sydney is poised to host the WCC for the first time in X years? and ?it is pencilled in for Feb 22?

I've heard that the Roosters themselves have that view and that it is to be played at the SFS. That is the scuttlebutt on it.

Joely01

Bench
I don't get the Charity Cup game, why would you play it at Suncorp? Shouldn't trials be used as a tool for showcasing the game to other areas of the country?

Diesel

Referee
The Charity Cup is some bullshit dreamt up promotional game that the Brisbane Bombers have gotten in on to show support for a 2nd Brisbane team.

The thing is no one wants to support this Bombers bid.