What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Draw

King Tigerman

Juniors
its true , the afl released their draw 4 weeks ago and their season starts later than ours and they have fixed scheduling for all but the last round , the nrl on the other hand have to schedule 20 rounds out of 26 which is easy unless theres certain games in round 21 (whoever v the broncos) tht will most likely be on the friday night so they cant be the monday game

innsaneink

Referee
Seriously, how can a sporting organisation as big as the NRL still not know when their draw is coming out, when it is less than a week away in all likelihood. Amateur hour once again.
I'd say they know themselves for sure when it will be released....maybe trying to build up some anticipation by keeping it dark

Keeping the WC front & centre until its completed too would be their goal too I imagine

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
its true , the afl released their draw 4 weeks ago and their season starts later than ours and they have fixed scheduling for all but the last round , the nrl on the other hand have to schedule 20 rounds out of 26 which is easy unless theres certain games in round 21 (whoever v the broncos) tht will most likely be on the friday night so they cant be the monday game

1. Who gives a f**k about the AFL?

2. If we're talking about AFL, the only clashes the need concern themselves with are the Cricket at the very start of the season. NRL conversely has two months of A-League and most of the Super Rugby season to contend with when it comes to potential double bookings.

3. It's a World Cup year - it's not surprising that they've delayed it so as not to remove the focus from the RLWC. Gives them more time to get it right.

I don't like it being this late but I can see why, and I'm not worried about what the AFL do.

Card Shark

Immortal
1. Who gives a f**k about the AFL?

2. If we're talking about AFL, the only clashes the need concern themselves with are the Cricket at the very start of the season. NRL conversely has two months of A-League and most of the Super Rugby season to contend with when it comes to potential double bookings.

3. It's a World Cup year - it's not surprising that they've delayed it so as not to remove the focus from the RLWC. Gives them more time to get it right.

I don't like it being this late but I can see why, and I'm not worried about what the AFL do.

Well said

Diesel

Referee
I've got no worries with it being released this late, especially if they are holding off until the WC.

Preferences for clubs world generally be similar to the last year, 3 years or 10 years. Sydney clubs want to play Sydney clubs and the non-Sydney teams have their own rivalries against most non-Sydney teams.

If the NRL were holding off to make games clash with GWS I have no problem for that however the draw should be planning from July/August for a release in November and 9/Fox should have minimal say

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The draw has reportedly been in planning since February I believe.

stevenwbird

Juniors
From Panthers Facebook:
x4lueh.png
[/IMG]

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
What would you all think about the NRL completely formalising this whole end of year process?

Have a single date in November when the ARLC bring the press in and do a big formal closing of the last season, then they officially launch the next seasons draw and all the teams jerseys and memberships all at the same time. Everything goes on sale at the same time and they get a huge publicity hit for all of it.

They could even turn it into a fan event with a limited-time store opened somewhere in sydney with everything available their first. (Like the NFL Shop they do in in New York every so often, with players in their just chatting with fans)

rabbitohs95

Bench
Hoping we play the Broncos in Sydney (hasn't happened since about 2006), Tigers at Leichardt or Campbelltown (never been), not to play the Sharks on a Monday night or the Panthers on a Sunday. Those are my only wishes.

Latest posts