What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

Nightward

Juniors
I'm not sure if that is supposed to rub Broncos fans the wrong way, but all you can expect is shrugs of indifference. We don't need to be told Griffin is a terrible coach, but he's had 2 years as opposed to Stuarts 6.

I dunno that Griffin is all that bad, really. The problem is that we've come off having the best coach in the game's history for 20-odd years straight and then the retirement of legends like Webcke, Civoniceva, and Lockyer. We look a bit shaky by comparison, but aside from a few hiccups in development (McCullough needs to learn to play 80 minutes or GTFO) and retention (why the hell did we let Baptiste go?), neither of which are exactly unique to the Broncos we're not doing that much differently to other clubs in the 5-10 bracket.

newman

First Grade
He's a nasty human being. Long after he left Cronulla; despite doing so on very good financial terms, he was sniping and undermining the individual's responsible for his demise with no apparent understanding of the reason for his termination, ie he had lost the playing group* He takes no responsibility for his poor performance, despite demanding 100% accountability from his players and staff, and sees all failures as someone else's fault.

I am simply astonished that any club would take him on after the disgraceful way he handled the cull at Parra this year. Sure the dead wood needed to be cut but the manner he went about it, and the message it sent that he had essentially given up on the year, is the exact opposite of how a good manager goes about motivating a group.

* An example of this is Kade Snowdens origin debut. This was Stuarts selection. He was nowhere near ready or capable but his Cronulla contract had a $70k clause for origin selection in it. The selection was purely made to piss off D Irvine and the Cronulla board because Stuart knew they were on the bare bones of their arse (and it worked mind you). Don't worry about the origin team, just get some revenge on your ex employers eh?

Kiwi

First Grade
Stuart>Peter Anthony Griffin.

That was hard to admit.
I dunno, Griffin is rebuilding after Henjak, which well, was never going to be easy. He is certainly assembling a pretty decent side and in the next few years we could see the Broncos lift the trophy again.

Yes Griffin's Broncos missed the 8 this year, but unlike Henjak who did squat, Griffin has ditched Wallace, Prince and Norman and recruited Kennedy, Vidot, Barba and Milford. People can laugh all they want to hide what they know, that is the Broncos are on the way back up, and fast.

Not only is he the most overrated coach but also the worst in the history of the game. His Playing ability spoke for itself as well... Shit

Im with you on the coaching bit to call his playing ability shit is pretty bloody stupid.

Last edited:

Bruce123

Juniors
:lol:
If you truly believe that... well there is no point explaining the next part of the sentence, you wont have the ability to comprehend it

Lol raiderwhocops69ersfromblokes, f$ck u, the bloke is soft in mind as a coach & was even worse as a player, no heart......

Bruce123

Juniors
Sorry but Dickface speward was & is the most over raped player/coach in the history of rugby league. The useless f$ck.....well is useless

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
indiana-jones-popcorn-reaction-gif.gif

Big Pete

Referee
I am no apologist but to say he is the worst coach in the game or worst coach ever is a complete over exaggeration. Who knows Stuart giving those players the flick could have been the tough decision that turns Parra around.

Of course he isn't the worst coach ever but it's amazing to see the same ol' familiar excuses trotted out and him absolutely absolved of any responsibility at Parramatta.

Bruce123

Juniors
There is no excuse for his useless coaching, he's the worst in the history of rugby league by a country mile.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Wayne Bennett and Jack Gibson working in tandem wouldn't be able to do anything much with the 2013 Eels side. We never got to see the outcome of Stuart's broom through the first grade squad for next year. I think his ability as a coach has been overrated by a lot of people, while in typical LU contrarian fashion, there is an underrating of his ability in here.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
It's mainly QLDers who feel the need to bring up Stuart.

He did some Grade-A trolling during his few years as NSW coach and Queenslanders bit hard........and are still biting 2 years on. You'd think they lost those 2 series.

The Eels resentment is understandable. The Queenslander's is just funny

BunniesMan

Immortal
Ricky Stuart is the only coach more overrated than Tim Sheens. Parramatta have no idea but him walking out like the dog he is was the best thing that could have happened to them.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ricky Stuart is the only coach more overrated than Tim Sheens. Parramatta have no idea but him walking out like the dog he is was the best thing that could have happened to them.
Well thats it, i'm out. I agree with BunniesMong i think it's time to cash my chips in and end it all :crazy: