What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations Australia

Meth

Staff member
Best rugby league side in the world, and that's been confirmed today.

Cheers

Misanthrope

Staff member
Good job, Australia. You won a competition you've been stacking in your favour for decades.l

DC_fan

Coach
Australia was clearly the better team for the entire competition. In the past five games we did not concede a try. That has to be record.

Aust is back where we deserves to be, on top of the mountain. Come on 2017 so we can do t again.

shiznit

Coach
Yup. 100% agree.

Congratulations to Australia.

All the shit stirring aside... It's only fair that the team that dominates in between World Cups wins the big one.

Definitely deserved winners.

deluded pom?

Coach
I fancied the Kiwis after watching them brush teams aside until they had a tough game against England in the semi. The Aussies seemed to cruise after Cardiff and the lack of a hard workout might work against them. Well the cream came to the top and the far more superior team won. Congratulations Australia. I apologise for ever having doubted you.

Rod

Bench
Agreed. Deserved winners. We had a good side but are still lacking in some key areas (fullback), and when there's still mismatches on the park like Hayne v Goodwin it was always going to require a huge effort from us.

It was fun being World Champions for 5 years but you guys deserve it now.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I think you mean congratulations Jarryd Hayne,Kangaroos mojo changed when this champ was picked at centre,his positive energy and aura helped these mongs improve

hutch

First Grade
NZ just seemed to have run out of steam after their semi final last week. Great tournament by them though and the crowds that attended their games illustrate the pulling power they have. Just need to get over the mental edge they seem to lack against us! And also develop some decent outside backs.

mxlegend99

Referee
Australia dominated the world cup from their second game onwards. I was worried the easy run of games would come back to haunt the Aussies when they faced the Kiwis or Poms in the Grand Final. They were never really challenged aside from their opening game, where they ran in without a warmup game and had a much weaker team then we could have picked.

We still never saw our best 17 IMO, but atleast Jarryd Hayne became part of the team that Sheens thought was our best. IMO he was easily our best player from the moment he was moved to right centre and not relying on Brent Tate to get him the ball.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Yup. 100% agree.

Congratulations to Australia.

All the shit stirring aside... It's only fair that the team that dominates in between World Cups wins the big one.

Definitely deserved winners.
Nice sentiments ;-)

Where to from here for your lads? I honestly was nervous as f**k with this final. I thought NZ would be primed for a title defense, but they seemed to just shut up shop after 20 mins :( By rights, your forwards should of matched us at the very least, not sure if that's the forwards fault or poor service from Luke/halves (prob a mix of both). Your halves are a match for any pairing in the NRL but failed under pressure.. What went wrong do you think?

reanimate

Bench
Nice sentiments ;-)

Where to from here for your lads? I honestly was nervous as f**k with this final. I thought NZ would be primed for a title defense, but they seemed to just shut up shop after 20 mins :( By rights, your forwards should of matched us at the very least, not sure if that's the forwards fault or poor service from Luke/halves (prob a mix of both). Your halves are a match for any pairing in the NRL but failed under pressure.. What went wrong do you think?

Johnson played like a complete genius and Foran sank back into his bad habits that he displays at Manly sometimes, where he doesn't do anything bar run the ball at the line and ignores passing opportunities out wide. I thought he was eliminating that from his game, but it was definitely on show last night.

shiznit

Coach
Nice sentiments ;-)

lol.... I don't know where to start... I think there needs to be some serious improvement by certain individuals in the team.

I'm not gonna single anyone out... Because I think it wouldn't be fair to blame one it two players only...

I think you just have to recognise that this was a very good australian side who were highly motivated to succeed.

I would rather there wasn't massive turnover in the next kiwis squad... I think the team is young, but talented. Hopefully they can build on this for they're clubs and come back to the kiwis with a point to prove.

I DO however think that after 6 years maybe Mooks has had his time as kiwis coach. I wouldn't mind Bluey getting back there. I think rep coaches are more motivators these days so I think Bluey is good for that.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Australia were clinical.

Went forward, ran hard.

Great line speed in defence, tackled hard.

Pin point kicking, repeat sets.

Pace and skill out wide, out classed thier opposites.

How to play rugby league.

RHCP

Bench
The Kiwis didn't play well because the Aussies wouldn't let them. They defended so well, great line speed and they weren't dropping off tackles.

At first I thought a semi against England would work for New Zealand and steel them for the final. Turns out it was too hard, it looked (although I could be very wrong) like the forwards hadn't really recovered from the encounter with England and they were missing a lot of punch with the ball in hand.

All in all it was a great tournament. The final was a bit anticlimactic, but the Semi was probably the best game I've seen. It does have its flaws, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I liked extolling it's virtues to those who obviously got all their knowledge of it from a DT headline.