What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and General Dribble XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

magpie4ever

First Grade
It's more that the life skills required in modern society are different to the ones needed in the past. People are more or less completely free now, which means they are mostly free of obligations to each other (other than paying taxes). Obviously the flip side of this is other people are free of their obligations to us, and so we can't rely on anyone anymore.

That includes in the context of workplace relations. How many employers provide training of skills saleable in the job market? Far fewer than they used to, and rightly so. They would be mad to spend all those resources on some merkin who will walk out the door for a better offer, and likewise, employees would be mad to remain loyal to any employer when their job could disappear tomorrow.

The world has moved on, and will continue to do so. And when we get old we will whinge about it.

Wish you would move on.:lol:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
"Friday on my mind" was written about one Friday evening game where Parra put 50 on the hapless Maggies.

"Sorry" was written after Stevie Wright saw Harry "Bomber" Wells apologise to some Magpies fans after Parra handed them another towelling.

Did they also write 'Show me the way to Saint Marys' after one such loss? Or 'Show me the way to Saint Vincents' after a particularly violent loss?

Last edited:

magpie4ever

First Grade
"Friday on my mind" was written about one Friday evening game where Parra put 50 on the hapless Maggies.

"Sorry" was written after Stevie Wright saw Harry "Bomber" Wells apologise to some Magpies fans after Parra handed them another towelling.

Ned use to take on the whole eels pack with one hand tied behind his back (to make it fair) and still punch the shit out of the wooden spoon Eels.

If everybody had it then it would be called ubiquitous sense or universal sense.

Common means most, but not all, people have it.

Idiot.

That is one use of the word 'common'. It can also mean 'of or relating to the community as a whole' or 'belonging to or involving the whole of a community or the public at large' (OED).

parra pete

Referee
Ned use to take on the whole eels pack with one hand tied behind his back (to make it fair) and still punch the shit out of the wooden spoon Eels.

:lol: You never saw Kelly play!.. Grumpy (Hambly) Thirsty (Lynch) Tombstone (Dolton) used to more than match Kelly in 'toughness' stakes.
In the backs, Bobby Bugden, Leo Toohey Ivor Lingard Barry Rushworth, Fred Pickup, Derek Hallas Col Alterator, Mike Jackson, Kenny Foord and of course Ken (Aka GOD) Thornett were way way better than the Magpies counterparts....Can recall the clashes like they were yesterday...

magpie4ever

First Grade
:lol: You never saw Kelly play!.. Grumpy (Hambly) Thirsty (Lynch) Tombstone (Dolton) used to more than match Kelly in 'toughness' stakes.
In the backs, Bobby Bugden, Leo Toohey Ivor Lingard Barry Rushworth, Fred Pickup, Derek Hallas Col Alterator, Mike Jackson, Kenny Foord and of course Ken (Aka GOD) Thornett were way way better than the Magpies counterparts....Can recall the clashes like they were yesterday...

Pete, how many grand finals did Parramatta played in in the 60s. Let's see 0, Western Suburbs Magpies - 3 times.

I did see Kelly play in the late 60s. You don't want me to name the Wests sides of the 60s, because they'll scare the players you named off the page.:cool:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Pete, how many grand finals did Parramatta played in in the 60s. Let's see 0, Western Suburbs Magpies - 3 times.

That's irrelevant. You were talking about matches between the two teams.

The Dragons have won more premierships than the Raiders in the past decade but they're still Canberra's bitch.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

Who the f**k are these merkins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts