What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knight Russell Packer jailed for two years

Armageddon.

Juniors
I have been a victim of pub violence. I refereed a game of pool in a pool competition and this drunken idiot did not like my decisions. When I was not looking, he king-hit me. This guy just paid me a few hundred dollars and that was it. Fortunately, physical damage was very minimal...but any asshole who does this without provocation should spend some time in jail.

Pool has referees? What decisions are there to be made?
The ball either goes in the hole or it doesnt...

betcats

Referee
Can someone answer me this? Me knowledge of these things isn't great.

So I just real an article saying Packers been sentenced to two years jail. It then said his legal team lodged an appeal and applied for bail which the prosecution didnt fight, which is where my question comes in:

So is he eligible for bail pending the outcome of his appeal? Like he can be found guilty and sentenced to jail, lodge an appeal straight away, apply for bail, and be out that day(if the judge is willing to give him bail)?

betcats

Referee
Can someone answer me this? Me knowledge of these things isn't great.

So I just real an article saying Packers been sentenced to two years jail. It then said his legal team lodged an appeal and applied for bail which the prosecution didnt fight, which is where my question comes in:

So is he eligible for bail pending the outcome of his appeal? Like he can be found guilty and sentenced to jail, lodge an appeal straight away, apply for bail, and be out that day(if the judge is willing to give him bail)?

Saw a tweet bail has been denied. So he'll be locked up while they appeal

Thanks you inadvertenly answered my question.

MrAnonymous

Bench
He stomped the merkins head in after caving his eye socket in. Poor merkin is lucky to be alive.

f**king putrid merkin is getting off easy imo. Makes me sick that there are players online supporting this merkin.

ek999

First Grade
Similar tweet from Pita Godinet. Do these guys like being thought of as morons. Some people will never learn when to keep their mouths shut.

Also add Charlie Gubb and Joel Romelo to the list of idiots

Hope the 2 ciggies were worth a year each in jail Russell

TheDalek079

Bench
poor guy. was the most promising young prop a few years ago. now his contract won't be registered and he'll be going to jail.

still, only got himself to blame

macnaz

Staff member
poor guy. was the most promising young prop a few years ago. now his contract won't be registered and he'll be going to jail.

still, only got himself to blame

POOR GUY !!! f**k that!! The only poor guy here is the one who had his head smashed and stomped on ...