What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Head coaches who have been fired

DC_fan

Coach
Jim Schwartz (Detriot)
Greg Schiano (Tampa Bay)
Mike Shanahan (Washington)
Leslie Frazer (Minnesota)
Rob Chudzinski (Cleveland)

kurt faulk

Coach
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/281149/report-lovie-smith-the-favorite-for-bucs-job

According to the Tampa Bay Times, ex-Bears coach Lovie Smith is "very interested" in the Bucs' job, while ESPN's Adam Schefter reports he's the "favorite" to replace Greg Schiano.

Schefter's report is via "multiple league sources." With the interest seemingly coming from both sides, a deal could get done very quickly. Even were Smith not to get the job in Tampa, he'll likely garner interest from any team looking for a defensive-minded head coach. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, there's a "lot of talk of bringing the old Tampa group together." That would include Smith and former Bears GM/Bucs director of player personnel Jerry Angelo.
Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter

Raider_69

Post Whore
all seem fair enough to me, those guys kind of had to go, Chud excluded who lost his job because he wasnt Lombardi's guy

kurt faulk

Coach

don't forget houston fired their coach as well, um, what's his name. i've forgotten already.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Zimmer is the guy i think will attract more interest
Gruden has come back a bit in my estimation, the offense there looked very ordinary at times

Zimmer deserves a chance at the HC gig... I think he'd be a fantastic hire for the Bucs, or Texans if Bill O'Brian thing falls through. Or detroit actually, he'd suit them well

Ray Horton will surely be in demand as an OC, if the new browns coach elects to let him go. Ive got a big wrap on Ray Horton, he'll be a good HC in a few years time. Id love to get him on the eagles defensive staff, even at the expense of Bill Davis

Dogs Of War

Coach
If Zimmer went to Detroit I reckon he would get them to the Super Bowl. That defensive side of the ball is too talented to not be dominating every game.

Gruden on the other hand at times shows he thinks he is still coaching an arena league team with his offensive calls. I pray someone takes him off our hands.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
he'd need to find some DB's but yeah, they'd be a pretty impressive D with Zimmer. He's the type of hard nose disciplined coach that would be good for them

Dogs Of War

Coach
he'd need to find some DB's but yeah, they'd be a pretty impressive D with Zimmer. He's the type of hard nose disciplined coach that would be good for them

Look at the DBs the bengals have. A mix of low cost veterans who were on the street before Zimmer got them and some young talent that hasn't done as well as they should. Yet he still gets them working. I think the defensive line at Detroit is better than the bengals, only slightly but has a bigger upside if you get them focused. Zimmer will just grab some low vets to fill in the blanks in defense.

Probably the only issue at Detroit is that you have too much money going to too few players. You are relying so much on drafting well to keep the costs down.

beave

Coach
Lovie Smith arrived in back in Tampa today. Great signing IMO. At least the Glazers didn't f**k ass around like they did 2 years ago trying to sign a coach and miss out on their #1 choice (Chip Kelly)

1454908_10152189891754595_1353669681_n.jpg

1505379_10152189703544595_1711273127_n.jpg

Blade

Juniors
I agree.

L. Smith at the Bucs is an astute move.

TB will reap the rewards next season.

Very smart coach..... and a ell' of a nice guy!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Skins hire Jay Gruden

call me crazy, but i am not worried about this hire at all as a eagles fan. Im was a fan of Jay, but Dalton has not made the jumped expected, that offense is really really stetchy at times... and then i read about how he was the one who pulled for Dalton and won that battle over the owner Mike Brown, who wanted... Colin Kaepernick

the reason he liked Dalton? He can run the WCO and he didnt buy into the read option... ive soured on him since that. :lol:

Suck it skins

Dogs Of War

Coach
Yeah, as a Bengals fan, having Hue Jackson move into the OC role is a breath of fresh air. He will use a run game and not have Dalton throw as much as he has (which really you don't want to have to rely on Dalton's arm to win games, make the defence load up the box more so he has more favourable matchups).

Feel sorry for Skins fans. Enjoy that Arena league football offense.

Latest posts