What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013/14 Playoffs Week 2

Tom155

Coach
Sunday

New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks

Indinapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots

Monday

San Francisco 49ers vs. Carolina Panthers

San Diego Charger vs. Denver Broncos

Eddie Lab

Juniors
Sunday

Monday

some good games this weekend and I could see an upset or two. If Chris Johnson and Steve Smith are back at 60-80% healthy the Panthers should win. but it'll be a slobberknocker of a game.

BuffaloRules

Coach
49ers were very impressive yesterday and I think they should beat the Panthers.

AFC home teams will be too good.

I give New Orleans a slight chance at this stage of causing a massive upset and will take them with the start.

In the last 6-7 years there has always been at least one underdog that has caused an upset at this stage of the playoffs.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Seahawks and Niners in tight, low scoring games.
Colts win a shoot out.
Broncos put on a 40 burger in a blow out.

Dogs Of War

Coach
It's very hard for me to get excited by these matches as I'm still in mourning for the bengals. Should snap out of it by the weekend.

Raider_69

Post Whore
im pulling for the match ups i want for the CG's

Indy and Denver is i think the best AFCCG
And Sea and i literally dont care on Car/SF. Either suit the game im wanting to watch in Seatle, gun to the head, SF because the division rivalry is awesome... that's how i'd like it to go

My tips on who i think wins:
NE-DEN-SEA-SF

Lambretta

First Grade
My tips are the same as Raiders_69

Niners to get the job done against the Panthers
Denver and New England in the AFC
Seattle to crush the Saints

I have to admit though I'm tipping more on reputation than knowledge in the Niners v Panthers game because I haven't seen Carolina this season.

I only watch NFL on One HD so that means the vast majority of games feature AFC teams. I've seen a lot of the Broncos, Chiefs etc but not much of Seattle or Carolina.

I did see one Seattle game and they were something else. So far beyond anyone else it was just stupid. Mind you, I'd have said the same after watching the Eagles v Bears game (the only time I saw the Eagles since Foles took over the QB role).

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I think the Colts will beat NE actually, NE is possibly the worse every side to clinch a first week bye ever - that side litteraly has no weapons nothing, and now with Spikes gone meh - finished.

Colts by 20

GongPanther

Referee
I have to admit though I'm tipping more on reputation than knowledge in the Niners v Panthers game because I haven't seen Carolina this season.

I only watch NFL on One HD so that means the vast majority of games feature AFC teams. I've seen a lot of the Broncos, Chiefs etc but not much of Seattle or Carolina.

The Carolina Panthers have been really consistent this year with the 2nd best defense in the entire NFL.

The Panthers secondary is absolutely killing them with Thomas Davis and Luke Kucheley having stellar seasons with the front 7 protecting the likes of Cam Newton

And we have the mad bowling ball,Mike Tolbert breaking tackles like they were rag-dolls with Williams and Smith creating havoc up the middle and out wide.

It's easy to tip against the Panthers being that the 9ers are the flavour of the month.

But to me,this will be a tight and brutal game for the first 3 quarters...then the Panthers,after sacking the 9ers 1/4 back for the umpteenth time,will run away with it...34-17.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
I hope the 9ers steamroll these f**kers and send the hill billy yokel home fans back to their tin shacks on the river with their tails between their legs........ :p

Just kidding, divisional and family rival aside, I would like to see the Panthers win this but ultimately i don't think they can go to Seattle and win there........... Assuming they roll the saints.........

Eddie Lab

Juniors
The Carolina Panthers have been really consistent this year with the 2nd best defense in the entire NFL.

The Panthers secondary is absolutely killing them with Thomas Davis and Luke Kucheley having stellar seasons with the front 7 protecting the likes of Cam Newton

And we have the mad bowling ball,Mike Tolbert breaking tackles like they were rag-dolls with Williams and Smith creating havoc up the middle and out wide.

It's easy to tip against the Panthers being that the 9ers are the flavour of the month.

But to me,this will be a tight and brutal game for the first 3 quarters...then the Panthers,after sacking the 9ers 1/4 back for the umpteenth time,will run away with it...34-17.

agree with all particularly with the news that the legion of whom combined for 9 sacks https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/421215582889848833

the media hype for the 49eres has been insane to the point of saying that they are the best team in football. fair enough if you don't think that Carolina are better then them but surely Denver and Seattle are.

most of the media aren't talking about this weekend and are just assuming that they go on to Seattle and then the super bowl. this game in my mind is 50:50 game. either team could win it but I'd like some analysis of the game other then "Crabtree is back" or "different team then last time"

Raider_69

Post Whore
I think the Colts will beat NE actually, NE is possibly the worse every side to clinch a first week bye ever - that side litteraly has no weapons nothing, and now with Spikes gone meh - finished.

Colts by 20

I spent last weekend with a big Pats fan. We were talking about it and agreed this is really Brady and Belichicks' greatest ever season. They have a team (without Hernandez, Gronk, Mayo, Wilfork) that should be picking in the top 15, and they got a first round bye!
It's such a strange AFC, Pats could be one or done, or go to the SB.

But this team without Belichick and Brady would be a 6 win team.

gronkathon

First Grade
Sunday

Monday

aqua_duck

Coach
agree with all particularly with the news that the legion of whom combined for 9 sacks https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/421215582889848833

the media hype for the 49eres has been insane to the point of saying that they are the best team in football. fair enough if you don't think that Carolina are better then them but surely Denver and Seattle are.

most of the media aren't talking about this weekend and are just assuming that they go on to Seattle and then the super bowl. this game in my mind is 50:50 game. either team could win it but I'd like some analysis of the game other then "Crabtree is back" or "different team then last time"

Not just Crabtree, the 9ers were also missing Vernon Davis and Aldon Smith last time round, that's 3 all pro calibre guys

abpanther

Staff member
Not just Crabtree, the 9ers were also missing Vernon Davis and Aldon Smith last time round, that's 3 all pro calibre guys

And Eric Reid left the game with an injury

I agree that the 49ers are getting plenty of hype, but I also believe we will handle the Panthers this weekend, we were missing plenty of firepower last time around

zombie jesus

Staff member
I spent last weekend with a big Pats fan. We were talking about it and agreed this is really Brady and Belichicks' greatest ever season. They have a team (without Hernandez, Gronk, Mayo, Wilfork) that should be picking in the top 15, and they got a first round bye!
It's such a strange AFC, Pats could be one or done, or go to the SB.

But this team without Belichick and Brady would be a 6 win team.

Patriots ended up with a really soft schedule looking back at it, who gets to open the season against two rookie QB's? It almost rivals the the early KC schedule when they were facing a back up/replacement each week.

abpanther

Staff member
I think the Pats win big, I like Luck but that team has been pretty lucky this year, they should'nt have got past the Chiefs with all those turnovers and any decent coach (which Belichick is) knows that all they have to do is take TY Hilton away and that offense ain't doing much

I think the Chargers will give the Broncos a scare