What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013/14 Playoffs Week 2

legend

Coach
I give the Chargers a massive chance against us. If we can't stop the run, we lose. SD will chew up the clock with long drives but knowing the Chargers are going to run gives Rivers play action opportunities all day and guys like Allen, Brown, Gates and Webb could shred the Broncos secondary.

Without Miller, Vickerson and Wolfe, I am really concerned.

one tree hill

Juniors
agree with all particularly with the news that the legion of whom combined for 9 sacks https://twitter.com/FO_VVerhei/status/421215582889848833

the media hype for the 49eres has been insane to the point of saying that they are the best team in football. fair enough if you don't think that Carolina are better then them but surely Denver and Seattle are.
Don't really rate Denver myself, easy schedule, poor defense.

Patriots ended up with a really soft schedule looking back at it, who gets to open the season against two rookie QB's? It almost rivals the the early KC schedule when they were facing a back up/replacement each week.

Most AFCs teams had easy schedules considering most teams in the AFC are terrible and each team had 6 games against their shitty division rivals.

Last edited:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I think the Pats win big, I like Luck but that team has been pretty lucky this year, they should'nt have got past the Chiefs with all those turnovers and any decent coach (which Belichick is) knows that all they have to do is take TY Hilton away and that offense ain't doing much

I think the Chargers will give the Broncos a scare

And the pats haven't? The pats without Brady and there players injured are the worse side in the nfl. Who do they have, really? They have no body.

The colts on the other hand have a decent side with a great qb

Ron Jeremy

Coach

Patriots ended up with a really soft schedule looking back at it, who gets to open the season against two rookie QB's? It almost rivals the the early KC schedule when they were facing a back up/replacement each week.

I agree, what makes it worse they should've beaten Carolina if it weren't for possible the worse call in nfl history

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I spent last weekend with a big Pats fan. We were talking about it and agreed this is really Brady and Belichicks' greatest ever season. They have a team (without Hernandez, Gronk, Mayo, Wilfork) that should be picking in the top 15, and they got a first round bye!
It's such a strange AFC, Pats could be one or done, or go to the SB.

But this team without Belichick and Brady would be a 6 win team.

Yeah I agree. Actually many have been speculating that Brady should've been league MVP over manning considering who he had, and quite frankly you could put mark Sanchez on that Denver team and he to would've put up over 4500 yards Atleast this season.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I wouldn't rule out panthers actually. I really like this side and very much flying under the rader here

Raider_69

Post Whore
Is it just me, or is there a sneaky good chance this play off series features in an ESPN documentary in like 10 years time as THE moment the torch got passed from Brady and Manning, to Luck?

If Luck goes in and beats NE in NE, which given how bad the Pats are outside of Brady, is not totally unrealistic and then gets Manning in a cold Mile High (or hosts SD because Rivers dumped Manning out a week before), is there a chance that Luck then becomes THE guy?

Manning is already talking of retirement in the next 2-3 years. Brady has maybe got 2 really good years left in him you'd think... maybe ive been listening to too much of Bill Simmons who loves this kind of shit, but this might be looked back on a torch passing play off series if Indy can knock them over (that's a HUGE if, i still think Brady and Manning win this week and give us one more Brady v Manning shit fight)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Is it just me, or is there a sneaky good chance this play off series features in an ESPN documentary in like 10 years time as THE moment the torch got passed from Brady and Manning, to Luck?

If Luck goes in and beats NE in NE, which given how bad the Pats are outside of Brady, is not totally unrealistic and then gets Manning in a cold Mile High (or hosts SD because Rivers dumped Manning out a week before), is there a chance that Luck then becomes THE guy?

Manning is already talking of retirement in the next 2-3 years. Brady has maybe got 2 really good years left in him you'd think... maybe ive been listening to too much of Bill Simmons who loves this kind of shit, but this might be looked back on a torch passing play off series if Indy can knock them over (that's a HUGE if, i still think Brady and Manning win this week and give us one more Brady v Manning shit fight)

I Agree raider, I love the way luck plays, total gunslinger, not scared of anything. I wouldn't be surprise if this guy surpasses Brady and manning as the best qb of all time.

But put your house on the pats loosing, seriously they have no chance, the side is terrible, buffalo on paper is a far better side.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Raider I might add talking through my bills eyes - that comeback against Kc gave me chills of when the bills came back to beat to the oilers in the 93 playoffs and marched onto there 3rd straight sb appearance. Don't kid yourself, the colts would be feeling invincible right niw

zombie jesus

Staff member
I think you're right to think that, we're already seeing the transition happening on the NFC side of the league with the younger QB's.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I wouldn't rule out rg111 either, the guy can play, that skins side was horrible this year and it was convenient to blame rg.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I'm not enthusiastic about the hire, and I worry how much influence RG3 has there. No doubt the kid can play though

Ron Jeremy

Coach
You believe everything you read in the media raider? De Angelo hall pretty much what he said contradicted everything what the media is telling us, and he is definitely been known to speak his mind.

Blade

Juniors
Sunday

New Orleans Saints
vs. Seattle Seahawks

Indinapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots

Monday

San Francisco 49ers vs. Carolina Panthers

San Diego Charger vs. Denver Broncos

T.S Quint

Coach
Would love to see the Saints win but I don't think they can shut down Seattle. Hawks have too many strike weapons on offense and defense. Plus we know how hard it is to beat them in Seattle.

I'm scared of the Panthers. Their defense is scary good and newton has been on fire. I really hope the Niners can put him off his game. Kaep will have to be on song since I thin Carolina will shut down the run game. Luckily Crabb and Davis are back for this matchup. Those two plus Boldin are our best bet.

I can see the Chargers coming away from Denver with a win. Not easy to shut down the Broncos offense though.

Colts over the Pats. Luck is the man!

legend

Coach
Welker will be the difference between the Broncos and Chargers and Mathews looks doubtful for SD. Could have a huge impact on the game.

Latest posts