What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013/14 Playoffs Week 2

Raider_69

Post Whore
whoever wins between pats and Denver will get smoked. There is absolutely zero chance the Pats beat Denver, zero chance, you can quote me on that, however Denver look great in argurably the weakest AFC possibly in history.

:lol: Look at the Tom Brady fan boi try reverse jinxing this thing all the way

The Denver defense is absolutely disgusting. There is every chance Tom Brady can win this game... but i do agree it doesnt matter who wins this game, the real SB is being played in the NFC CG... Winner of that game should smoke either Denver or Pats imo

Such a shame it cant be the actual SB, because they are clearly the two best teams in the NFL

shiznit

Coach
I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that the AFC teams won't win it...

I mean hell... You have 2 of the greatest QBs of all time...

But Denver especially... They have more than enough on offense to turn the game in to a straight shoot out.

The saints weren't too bad... They had chances against Seattle... I think Denver have more weapons than the saints... And they won't be playing in Seattle...

I think the Pats only chance will be to keep it close and hope for Brady to roll them over the top at the end... It's certainly possible though.

Shorty

Staff member
Don't get the hate towards teams but each to their own

Bad luck today Eddie, Panthers are definitely a team on the rise, enjoy the next few seasons

I know plenty of people hate him but man has Jim Harbaugh turned this team around, 3 straight NFC title games since his arrival!

Next week is gonna be a war but I really think we can do it!
Absolutely, to turn the team around like he has...

I would think San Fran have it over Seattle atm because Seattle have actually been underwhelming for a while now, they seem to be relying on their defensive efforts and Wilson is quiet.

I hope that changes, I'd love to see the Seahawks get a SB ring, as for the AFC not winning it....well I think it's the other way around...both 9ners and Seahawks are young and fresh but Pats and Broncos have unfinished business in SBs...both have underperformed.
Peyton deserves so much to get one more ring, whether he'll be able to do it though...

legend

Coach
The Broncos D has given up under 300 yards four of the past five games, without Miller and Wolfe and now Harris. Their front four are underrated but if they make the SB, they will be clear underdogs to the NFC team, just like Elway was against the Packers in SB XXXII, which ended the dominance of the NFC winning Superbowls.

Any given Sunday...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
:lol: Look at the Tom Brady fan boi try reverse jinxing this thing all the way

The Denver defense is absolutely disgusting. There is every chance Tom Brady can win this game... but i do agree it doesnt matter who wins this game, the real SB is being played in the NFC CG... Winner of that game should smoke either Denver or Pats imo

Such a shame it cant be the actual SB, because they are clearly the two best teams in the NFL

no reverse jinxing, just honest, they have no chance. Hahaha Denver defense? please apart from Brady and 2 good games in his career Blount they have a pair of rookie receivers they are facing, a very crappy ex ram (who Kurt will tell you is a HOFer) and a seventh on the 2012-13 season receiver depth chart in edleman.

Denvers defense is not nearly as bad as what some are making out, just a cop out just in case Manning chokes lol hear it every year.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Come on Ron, you've been setting this thing up since day one

if the broncos win, Brady fan boi can shrug his shoulders and say "see, i told you so, Pats are a terrible team and shouldnt have even got that close"

if the pats win, Brady fan boi can say "OMG! Have my babies Tom! I love you. See, he's heaps better than Manning, Mannings shit! The guy cant play. TOM! TOM! TOM!"

perfect.
But no one buys it... Denver are only 4.5 point favourites with the bookies, it's not the one sided contest you are pretending it is to protect Brady.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Raider, so if i were denver i would be shit sacred of the Pats weapons? lol

it is the worse receiving in corp I have ever seen.

Jono078

Referee
I've gotta be honest, out of the 4 teams left I'd be happy to see any of them win it.

In the AFC you'll have a legend trying to add another ring to the resume. In the NFC you have one of the new young guns getting their HOF credentials started.

I've always wanted to see Brady win another one, so I'd say the Pats are my first preference. After that I'd say the 49ers as you could say they've been building towards it for a couple years now.

Be good to see Manning get another one. And the Seahawks are just an outstanding young team.

beave

Coach
Seahawks all the way. I don't think the 9ers can win up there. I know they played in Green bay and won a few weeks ago but in Seattle?? Damn that's a tough ask.

The only team I don't want to see win is NE. Satan himself wouldn't even go for that team.

18to87

First Grade
The only team I don't want to see win is NE. Satan himself wouldn't even go for that team.

Bingo.

The Broncos will need to score a lot of points to win with Chris Harris now out. Even though the east coast bias media will never admit it - the Broncos are more banged up than the Pats. It is ridiculous that they use Hernandez being out this season to even up the tally on starters out injured. They drafted him knowing full well he had questionable character.

18to87

First Grade
whoever wins between pats and Denver will get smoked. There is absolutely zero chance the Pats beat Denver, zero chance, you can quote me on that, however Denver look great in argurably the weakest AFC possibly in history.

Well Baltimore won it last year ... even though the Niners were the better pick on paper.

18to87

First Grade
Raider, so if i were denver i would be shit sacred of the Pats weapons? lol

it is the worse receiving in corp I have ever seen.

It doesn't matter how bad the receiving corp is when you have an incredible OL, Tom Brady and the best coaches in football and maybe the best coach ever in BB. Given enough time Brady will hit Edelman and Amendola all day.

The Broncos defense is a mess. The Chargers conservative game plan played in to Denver's hands perfectly. The only starters the Broncos have left from 2012 on defense are Mike Adams, Wesley Woodyard and Champ Bailey - ALL THREE of which have been demoted during the season. The D is a makeshift bunch of mostly rejects who have played well above their ability the last three games. Heck guys cut during the season by the jags and raiders are out there.

I am a Manning lifer and heck I was there in orange with frostbite at Foxboro 7 weeks back and even I know that he will have to pull out a near perfect game to get to the Superbowl.

The Patriots and BB are rubbing their hands at this defense and despite the Pats having injuries of their own their secondary and edge rushers are healthy and they have a stud rookie LB to cover Julius Thomas.

I say Broncos 27 Pats 26 on a Prater FG as time expires but I am not confident.

Last edited:

The Eagle

Juniors
That game is going to be off the charts

winner take the Superb Owl too imo... i dont think the Patriots, Denver OR Chargers can beat either of these two NFC teams

Thats what i call south strathfield ten pin bowling centre

f**ked if its a superbowl,unless super means shithouse

Raider_69

Post Whore
and Tom Brady is the guy every guy wants to be - don't lie you would go gay for him hahaha

I certainly would like to be him, going home to Gisele would do me fine... turning gay for him? Only one man captures my heart like that, and he is Ryan Reynolds :D

Raider_69

Post Whore
FWIW - although i think Seattle should win and will win, there is absolutely no reason to think the Niners cant win. They have a great defense, a good running game and Kaep is finding enough plays in the pass game with Davis, Crabtree and Boldin to win a tight contest

abpanther

Staff member
I know it's stating the obvious, but the big thing for the 49ers is staying in the game early. In past games in Seattle the 49ers have fallen behind early and that coupled with turnovers is recipe for disaster. I’d love to see us take an early lead and take some of the crowd out of the game

shiznit

Coach
Bingo.

The Broncos will need to score a lot of points to win with Chris Harris now out. Even though the east coast bias media will never admit it - the Broncos are more banged up than the Pats. It is ridiculous that they use Hernandez being out this season to even up the tally on starters out injured. They drafted him knowing full well he had questionable character.

Sorry... They must have missed the part in his pre-draft report that said he was likely to murder someone... :roll:

image.png