What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NFL Draft News

abpanther

Staff member
Big fan of Brett Smith, I think he could slide into the first round when all is said and done

Shorty

Staff member
My inner Raider wants Johnny Manziel. My head says take Watkins and go QB in rnd 2.
Is that because of previous QB failings?:lol:

Manziel should have stayed in college for another year at least, he's not ready and he's tiny.
And I'm a massive fan.

shiznit

Coach
Manziel imo will be a sensation in the NFL, his intangibles are off the charts.
I see him as Tim Tebow II

Great at the collegiate level but will he be able to do it against more structured, more athletic and most importantly... More knowledgable defences.

I hope I'm wrong... And I'd love it even more if the Raiders made him our guy... And he brings us back to the promise land...

But I'm realistic... Unless Bridgewater falls down to us... There's other areas the raiders will look to fill.

The common consensus among Raiders fans I've seen was that we're looking at maybe a OT... But saw an interesting column from a journo who thought they would go for a pass rusher who could offer them some flexibility with they're 3-4 formations.

I wonder if Clowney will still be on the board... If the Manziel hype starts to gather momentum... You might see him push Clowney down...

Where does everyone think Clowney ends up?

Mhartew

Juniors
If someone can straighten him out, Colt Lyerla will be a huge get for any team. Dude is a beast. Just a loose cannon.

Raider_69

Post Whore
If someone can straighten him out, Colt Lyerla will be a huge get for any team. Dude is a beast. Just a loose cannon.

Sounds like a future NE Patriot... troublesome TE's have never caused them harm before

As for Manziel, i think he'll be a star in the NFL... I doubt his style of player (same with RG3) can last long enough in the NFL before getting Mike Vick syndrome, to win a SB, but for the years those guys are healthy, they will set teams alight.

Im just really pleased the Eagles are no longer in this shit fight, Nick Foles is the business

Shorty

Staff member
I see him as Tim Tebow II

Great at the collegiate level but will he be able to do it against more structured, more athletic and most importantly... More knowledgable defences.

I hope I'm wrong... And I'd love it even more if the Raiders made him our guy... And he brings us back to the promise land...

But I'm realistic... Unless Bridgewater falls down to us... There's other areas the raiders will look to fill.

The common consensus among Raiders fans I've seen was that we're looking at maybe a OT... But saw an interesting column from a journo who thought they would go for a pass rusher who could offer them some flexibility with they're 3-4 formations.

I wonder if Clowney will still be on the board... If the Manziel hype starts to gather momentum... You might see him push Clowney down...

Where does everyone think Clowney ends up?
He can throw much, much better than Tebow but yeah it's the same sort of mentality and media circus.

It depends who takes him, Cleveland wants him...but you know that place is a graveyard for good players.

shiznit

Coach
Chandler Bing Jr aka Mel Kiper just did his first mock draft...

Johnny Football was number 1 apparently....

I reckon the Raiders or the Browns are gonna get a steal with all this Johnny Football hype...

Rams should grab Clowney... He would be the icing on the cake for there defence.

Last edited:

ParraSteve

Juniors
If Jags miss out on Bridgewater or Johnny Football, i can see them passing on any other QBs in round 1 and wait til the second round to grab one

shiznit

Coach
Well apparently in Mel Kipers draft Bridgewater goes 8th... Jags pick up Clowney from memory.

I'll put up his draft in a sec...

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
Kipers Mock Draft:

1 - Manziel QB - Texans
2 - Matthes OT - Rams
3 - Clowney DE - Jags
4 - Bortles QB - Browns
5 - Watkins WR - Raiders
6 - Barr LB - Falcons
7 - Mack LB - Bucs
8 - Bridgewater QB - Vikings
9 - Robinson OT - Bills
10 - Gilbert CB - Lions

DC_fan

Coach
East-West Shrine Game 2014 roster: Jimmy Garoppolo highlights East team

In the 89th East-West Shrine Game, the East roster coached by Jerry Glanville is heavy on name quarterbacks and deep in cornerbacks. The headliner is Eastern Illinois quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. Even at the FCS level, Garappolo's stats are incredible. As a senior, he threw for 5,050 yards and 53 touchdowns. Heisman Trophy finalist Jordan Lynch is also among the East's signal callers as he tries to prove he can play quarterback professionally.
The East's team is loaded at cornerback. There is a buzz surrounding Lindenwood's Pierre Desir, particularly after Peter Schrager of Fox Sports put him in the first round of a December mock draft. Vanderbilt's Andre Hal is among the best corners in the SEC and Duke's Ross Cockrell is coming off a good bowl game against Mike Evans of Texas A&M.

EAST ROSTER:

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois
Jordan Lynch, QB, Northern Illinois
Jeff Mathews, QB, Cornell
Zach Bauman, RB, Northern Arizona
LaDarius Perkins, RB, Mississippi State
Rajion Neal, RB, Tennessee
Alex Bayer, TE, Bowling Green
Blake Gillmore, TE, Oklahoma State
Jeremy Gallon, WR, Michigan
Matt Hazel, WR, Coastal Carolina
Allen Hurns, WR, Miami
Patrick Laird, WR, Army
Ja'mes Logan, WR, Mississippi
Erik Lora, WR, Eastern Illinois
Kyle Bryant, OT, Youngstown State
Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, OT, McGill (Canada)
Matt Feiler, OT, Bloomsburg
Matt Hall, OT, Bellhaven
Zach Fulton, G, Tennessee
Antwan Lowery, G, Rutgers
John Urschel, G, Penn State
Chris Elkins, C, Youngstown State
Zac Kerin, C, Toledo
James Stone, C, Tennessee
Jason Bromley, DL, Syracuse
Will Clarke, DL, West Virginia
Bruce Gaston Jr., DL, Purdue
Zachariah Kerr, DL, Delaware
Demonte McAllister, DL, Florida State
Garrison Smith, DL, Georgia
Ethan Westbrooks, DL, West Texas A&M
Kerry Wynn, DL, Richmond
Xavius Boyd, LB, Western Kentucky
Preston Brown, LB, Louisville
Glenn Carson, LB, Penn State
Andrew Jackson, LB, Western Kentucky
Derrell Johnson, LB, East Carolina
DeDe Lattimore, LB, South Florida
Cody Peterson, LB, Navy
Johnny Millard, LB, Cal Poly
Ricardo Allen, CB, Purdue
Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio
Ross Cockrell, CB, Duke
Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood
Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
Andre Hal, CB, Vanderbilt
Nevin Lawson, CB, Utah State
Tre Boston, S, North Carlina
A.J. Marshall, S, Wake Forest
Hakeem Smith, S, Louisville
Dezmen Southward, S, Wisconsin
Jemea Thomas, S, Georgia Tech
Zach Hocker, K, Arkansas
Steven Clark, P, Auburn
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dr..._medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom

A lot of people are high quarterback Jimmy Garopollo. He is out of Tony Romos old college Eastern Illinois. He put up some unbelievable numbers this season. Well worth keeping an eye omn.

DC_fan

Coach
East-West Shrine Game 2014 roster: Max Bullough stars for West

Michigan State middle linebacker Max Bullough is looking to rebound his NFL Draft stock after being suspended for the Rose Bowl. Bullough will get a chance at the East-West Shrine Game under coach Romeo Crennel. He's arguably the best player in the game this year and has a chance to show why he was considered one of the best players in the Big Ten the past four years.
Bullough isn't the only solid linebacker on the West roster. Southern California's Devon Kennard had an up-and-down college career, but is at his best when he rush the passer. Colorado State's Shaquil Barrett is coming off a highly productive senior season where he had 20.5 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks. Jordan Zumwalt of UCLA will push Bullough for reps at middle linebacker.

WEST ROSTER

Keith Price, QB, Washington
Tommy Rees, QB, Notre Dame
Keith Wenning, QB, Ball State
Brennan Clay, RB, Oklahoma
Timothy Flanders, RB, Sam Houston State
Anthony LaCost, RB, Air Force
Ben Malena, RB, Texas A&M
Ted Bolser, TE, Indiana
Kaneakua Friel, TE, BYU
Jordan Najvar, TE, Baylor
Quincy Enunwa, WR, Nebraska
Seantavius Jones, WR, Valdosta State
Chandler Jones, WR, San Jose State
TJ Jones, WR, Notre Dame
Bernard Reedy, WR, Toledo
Kevin Graf, OT, Southern California
Danny Kistler, OT, Montana
Charles Leno, OT, Boise State
Jeremiah Sirles, OT, Nebraska
Christopher Burnette, G, Georgia
Dakota Dozier, G, Furman
Ryan Groy, G, Wisconsin
Austin Wentworth, G, Fresno State
Dillon Farrell, C, New Mexico
Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma
Khalil Wilkes, C, Stanford
Beau Allen, DL, Wisconsin
Justin Ellis, DL, Louisiana Tech
Evan Gill, DL, Manitoba (Canada)
Derrick Hopkins, DL, Virginia Tech
Cassius Marsh, DL, UCLA
Josh Mauro, DL, Stanford
Chidera Uzo-Diribe, DL, Colorado
Larry Webster, DL, Bloomsburg
Zach Moore, DL, Concordia
Shaquil Barrett, LB, Colorado State
Nate Dreiling, LB, Pitt State
Devon Kennard, LB, Southern California
Prince Shembo, LB, Notre Dame
Tyler Starr, LB, South Dakota
Jordan Zumwalt, LB, UCLA
Max Bullough, LB, Michigan State
Bene Benwikere, CB, San Jose State
Carrington Byndom, CB, Texas
E.J. Gaines, CB, Missouri
Bennett Jackson, CB, Notre Dame
Rashaad Reynolds, CB, Oregon State
Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
Marcus WIlliams, CB, North Dakota State
Alden Darby, S, Arizona State
Daytawion Lowe, S, Oklahoma State
Stephen Obeng-Agyapong, S, Penn State
Sean Parker, S, Washington
Daniel Sorensen, S, BYU
Brock Vereen, S, Minnesota
Anthony Fera, K, Texas
Richie Leone, P, Houston

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dr..._medium=nextclicks&utm_campaign=articlebottom

Shorty

Staff member
Daniel Jeremiah has Bridgewater dropping behind Manziel too. Almost every mock I've read before before this week had Bridgewater at #1, what's happened in the last week?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/175601
Well Manziel is a texas boy, and I think Keenum and Manziel played in similiar schemes in College.

A lot of people are high quarterback Jimmy Garopollo. He is out of Tony Romos old college Eastern Illinois. He put up some unbelievable numbers this season. Well worth keeping an eye omn.
Was just reading about him, Browns fans are looking at him but perhaps Cowboys could nap him (we really need to start looking at a future QB).
FWIW I think Manziel goes to Texans, Jacksonville takes Bridgewater and the Browns grab Bortles.
There's a chance that Bridgewater falls to Browns because Bortles is from Florida but I don't think so.

Also I'm interested in McCarron, I believe he's a bit more capable than McElroy (Bama's last QB) think whoever drafts him (likely in 2nd-3rd) might get a steal.

Last edited:

Latest posts