What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The injuries thread.

shaggs

Coach
What did they say it was?
That sounds a bit like compartment syndrome.

I considered that. The tightness is till there and is still sore to touch.

The redness has gone completely after a few days of antibiotics and the burning sensation has disappeared. I will keep my eye on it.

My calves and ta have always been "biggish" and always tight.

I'm not much of a runner so shin splints are unlikely.
I have also just put on a stack of weight and size.

See how it settles in a week.

The doc said it looked like cellulitis, but was perplexed by the lack of a puncture or infected hair follicle to introduce the infection.

Last edited:
I have had a deep pain in my right forearm for about 3-4 months. It feels like its under the brachioradialis or even between the brachioradialis and extensor muscles. The pain is more noticeable on wrist extension and direct palpation.

The pain could be described as similar to DOMS. I have not gone to the gym for 2 weeks and it has not changed.

Any ideas?

shaggs

Coach
If you hold your arm, palm down, wiggle your fingers and look where the muscle "wiggles".

With the opposite arm, push your thumb into that spot. It will hurt like hell, but should be a trigger point. Hold it as long as possible.

Failing that, see an osteopath or a trigger point therapist. Sounds like the fascia is tight to me. Needs a release to allow proper sliding.

Ok

So on Monday I'm having surgery to have 2 pins taken out of my lower leg as a result of fractured fibula and torn ligaments.
I have been in a boot for 12 weeks or so happened in October.

I have not been able to put weight on it so walking and the gym basically a no go.
As a result put on a bit of weight and lost a heap of strength particularly in my noodle leg.

So looking to get back into the swing of things however the actual break can take up to 5 months or some crap but I have a plate in there.

Thoughts on exercises and the like to get back into it slowly and build strength without hurting myself obviously.

Cheers

Shorty

Staff member
I have had a deep pain in my right forearm for about 3-4 months. It feels like its under the brachioradialis or even between the brachioradialis and extensor muscles. The pain is more noticeable on wrist extension and direct palpation.

The pain could be described as similar to DOMS. I have not gone to the gym for 2 weeks and it has not changed.

Any ideas?
Sounds like tennis elbow, pain won't likely go away with rest you need to get right into it with your fingers and break it down or go to a therapist and get some dry needling done.
Ok

So on Monday I'm having surgery to have 2 pins taken out of my lower leg as a result of fractured fibula and torn ligaments.
I have been in a boot for 12 weeks or so happened in October.

I have not been able to put weight on it so walking and the gym basically a no go.
As a result put on a bit of weight and lost a heap of strength particularly in my noodle leg.

So looking to get back into the swing of things however the actual break can take up to 5 months or some crap but I have a plate in there.

Thoughts on exercises and the like to get back into it slowly and build strength without hurting myself obviously.

Cheers

Just looked at what you did, ouch....did you get the green whistle? :)
Well you'd have some stuff from physio and ortho so I'd just be repeating those....big one is range of motion stuff which is mind numbing boring but important and then eventually with theraband.
And definitely proprioception stuff like standing on one leg, eyes closed etc eventually.

I'm guessing it was a lateral ankle ligament?

Joker's Wild

Coach
nah, they will just tell me to rub cream into it

Might be the shot though

I still get pain like this occasionally in my injured elbow and forearm. Doc said it was from the scar tissue in the torn tendons and the only way to permanently fix it was surgery to clean out the scar tissue but there was a risk of nerve damage and loss of movement so I opted against it.

I went and got some Voltaren gel and rubbed it into the area, hard, for a couple of nights in a row and it went away

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I got conussion a little over a month ago (second one in 3 years)
Crazy thing is, i'm still only working 3 days a week as I creep my hours upto 40 hours.

Its crazy how its affected me, thought I'd be back at work within a week or two.

John_Deacon

Juniors
Have been pretty lucky over the years.
Broken nose.
Dislocated elbow.
Badly corked leg playing squash.
Snapped ACL.

But without doubt the most painful and took longest to get over was a calf muscle tear playing tennis. Heard the pop and then the pain was so bad I brought up the chicken stir fry I had just an hour earlier.
Went to work next day, too early. Ended up on crutches for 2 weeks.

Micky75

Juniors
I just saw this thread, I'm a newbie here.

Okay my injuries - some are permanent and others, not so much.

fractured jaw
induced coma
expressive dysphasia
fractured wrist
Head injury - coma
seizures
titanium plates in skull
motor weakness in right hand
acquired brain injury
sinusitis - acute
fractured eye orbit

I still train at a boxing gym! no contact - hahaha - pad work. Sometimes the trainer (pads) hits the ribs. So, I don't raise my right arm too much.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
torn lcl
fractured ankle
torn ankle ligaments on both ankles (i soon got orthotics and haven't had an injury since)
compound fracture on my pinky (was playing indoor soccer gk, came down on it with my hands spread, inverted the knuckle and had it poke outside of my skin momentarily)

and for something that wasn't my doing, had a 12inch piece of glass through my leg. mm's away from slicing off a huge chunk of my calf muscle.

shaggs

Coach
Currently dealing with a chronic tendinopathy of my distal bicep tendon. Getting a PRP next week

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I've had a pretty good run over the years, had an arthroscopy to clean up some damaged knee cartilage in my early 20s and managed my way through golfers elbow in both arms last year. But my luck ran out when I dislocated my shoulder at work in January, I tore my rotator cuff and ruptured a tendon, necessitating reconstruction surgery which I had on monday. The operation went well but I've got 6 months of rehab ahead of me, currently sitting at home doped up on Oxycodone and trying to move as little as possible because its bloody painful.

Dan_frost

Juniors
I broke a toe a year ago playing soccer, was so annoying, small injure but you can't walk properly. Suffered a lot :)

Barkley

Bench
I play gridiron and tore my ACL, Medial Meniscus and also a Grade2/3 MCL tear.

I was engaged with an O Lineman when a couple of players (one who weighed 180kgs) fell into my left knee. I had no time to avoid the collision at all.

I had surgery yesterday and am on the long road to recovery...approximately 6-9 months.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Anyone here has experience or success in managing ITB tightness?
Foam roll the f**k out of it, or grab a spikey physio ball (looks like something you'd throw for the dog) and grimace like hell.

Lay on whatever side you're having issues with, with it underneath you and basically move up and down along.

Like this:
images

Latest posts