What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Head coaches who have been fired

one tree hill

Juniors
I see the Browns job is the only job left...

I think that job could lead to something very special if it goes to the right coach and the owners give them time to build.

2 first, 2 second & 2 third round draft picks this year.

There is a massive chance that in this draft they could end up with they're franchise QB in Bridgewater, Manziel or Bortles.

Not to mention a heap of salary cap space to spend on free agents... So theoretically they could grab a guy like Manziel and bench him... And bring in a veteran QB from free agency to run the show until he's ready.

They just need the right coach...

Like who?

Shorty

Staff member
Browns have Hoyer at QB who is capable, he was winning with them until he did his knee.
But they need to get their QB this draft and a decent one, what a disaster Weeden was.

gronkathon

First Grade
I have always seem Cleveland as a landing spot for Vick.

A few Eagles forums have suggested bringing in the butt fumbler as a backup to give Barkley more time

shiznit

Coach
I have always seem Cleveland as a landing spot for Vick.

A few Eagles forums have suggested bringing in the butt fumbler as a backup to give Barkley more time

Jets fans would be stunned...

xlarge.png

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
Do we really think that the Dawg Pound would be the best landing spot for Vick?

If the Browns do draft the Circus which is Johnny then he will be starting day one.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Vick isnt getting a job as a starter, it's just no happening.
Teams arent turning to guy like him at this point, unless you get a situation where the HC is absolutely full on about making Johnny Football sit for a year and Vick is the guy you bring in to start the transition to that offense for that year

but i think monk is right, you dont draft the circus of johnny football and make him sit.

As for Sanchize, i think he's a fine back up QB. I dont think Barkley is ready to be a back up NFL QB, he might be by the end of TC and OTAs but i wont complain about him coming in as a back up. The guy is a running gag sure but he was good enough to get the jets to back to back AFC CG, his regression into sucking has coincided with the jets having absolutely nothing on offense. The guy is good enough to be one of the better back up QBs' in the league imo

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
Do we really think that the Dawg Pound would be the best landing spot for Vick?

If the Browns do draft the Circus which is Johnny then he will be starting day one.
I don't see JF wanting to party in Cleveland:lol:

Monk

Referee
Johnny Football and Josh Gordon is a match made in heaven on the field, but off the field it will be such a headache.

gronkathon

First Grade
I am not sure Cleveland take a QB in the first round this draft. Considering the possibilities in next years draft at the QB position and the many areas of needs the Browns have they may hold out, grab a solid 3rd round QB with a big upside to backup a guy they bring in.

Just my thoughts anyway. The circus that is Johnny Football doesn't seem the right fit for the Browns

Shorty

Staff member
He actually really suits the Browns as the team is young and runs an offense he could fit well with and the fanbase is very loyal.
But yeah I'd suspect it's not big enough to interest him.

Whereever he goes he needs a decent O-Line or he'll be done very quickly, obviously the case with many a QB but I question his durability.
There's also talk of Raiders wanting him.

shiznit

Coach
Apart from Winston... I don't think next seasons QB class is better than this years...

If they don't pick up a QB in this draft... You could be putting all your eggs in the Winston basket.

The Cleveland job is really an interesting situation. On the one hand, it's the only job available for coaches from Denver, NE, SF and Seattle to apply for. On the other hand, job security in Cleveland is anything but safe and when that's the case, an assistant is probably better to stay an assistant until a more stable role is available.

I remember in the final years of Al when we used to fire a coach every year, we ended up having to hire the QB coach at USC (Lane Kiffin) and our O Line coach (Tom Cable) because no one wanted to go into that role.

nick87

Coach
If you could get some 3-4 year guarantee, it's be a really good job to get i think

the defense is quality (mind you i have no f**king idea why they moved from a really good 4-3 to a pretty average 3-4, when all the personnel was better suited to a 4-3), they've got a few good young offensive pieces including Josh Gordon and Jordan Camerson. They need another good WR (i forsee this a potential landing spot for Jeremy Maclin if he doesnt return to Philly), a RB and of course a QB

but the picks are there to go and get those players, the AFC North is pretty weak imo. It can be had if the Browns hit on a QB pick and move back to the under-rated stifling defense they were as a 43

The only thing holding them back is coaching, if they could convince a good coach to go there and guarantee them job security to see the first 3 years out, i recon it's a great job right now

Shorty

Staff member

Shorty

Staff member
Will not be a HC in 3 years time
poor hire, but i guess someone had to take the job
With the Browns it's probably more like 2.
I think they wanted Gase but he freaked out with all the media attention.