What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your team

Packy

Bench
I know there is a thread in the mail section but i thought we could have one here as well to discuss Bulldogs options without hassling and being hassled by others.

So have at it.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Oh... that also means we now have a co-captains system in place. I don't think it's something we really need. I also wouldn't have considered Cranky Franky as captain material!

MatthewA

Juniors
Obviously the biggest problem is fullback. Personally, this is the team I'd like to see.

01. Tyrone Phillips
02. Krisnan Inu
03. Josh Morris
04. Tim Lafai
05. Sam Perrett
06. Josh Reynolds
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Ennis (c)
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Frank Pritchard (c)
12. Tony Williams
13. Greg Eastwood
-
14. Josh Jackson
15. Dale Finucane
16. James Graham
17. David Klemmer/Lachlan Burr/Reni Maitua (can't friggen decide..)

ek999

First Grade
Fairly similar. I agree re fullback too. Absolute guess who will be playing there until after the trials

01. Tyrone Phillips
02. Tim Lafai
03. Josh Morris
04. Krisnan Inu
05. Sam Perrett
06. Josh Reynolds
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Ennis (c)
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Frank Pritchard (c)
12. Josh Jackson
13. Greg Eastwood
-
14. Tony Williams
15. Dale Finucane
16. James Graham
17. David Klemmer or Lachlan Burr

Bulldog Force

Referee
I might change my mind and I know that people have their reservations (which is fine but I heard Hasler will be giving Inu first crack at fullback, and I like that idea considering Inu does have full back experience at top flight.

01. Krisnan Inu
02. Mitch Brown
03. Josh Morris
04. Tim Lafai
05. Sam Perrett
06. Josh Reynolds
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Ennis (c)
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Frank Pritchard (c)
12. Tony Williams
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Josh Jackson
15. Dale Finucane
16. James Graham
17. David Klemmer

Packy

Bench
I think we're all on the same page. Why is Phillips a better option than Templeman? I haven't seen a great deal of either of them tbh.

I still think Inu's best posi is on the wing but I kinda agree that he will be FB due to lack of genuine alternatives. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Des put Mitch Brown there though.

My team

1 Inu
2 Brown
3 Morris
4 Lafai
5 Perrett
6 Reynolds
7 Hokko
8 Graham
9 Ennis
10 Kasiano (he looks fit!)
11 Pritchard
12 Jackson
13 Eastwood

14 Tolman
15 Finucane
16 Williams
17 Tim Browne

The bench is an interesting one. Maitua, Browne, Klemmer among others will all be fighting for 1 spot you would think.

Some things to consider. With Franky being named co capt it could mean changes are in the wind. We could expect to see a new hooker given time this year as Ennis won't be around forever.

James Graham seemed a logical choice for captain so perhaps we can are looking at a Graham less 2015?

Our backs look slow and I can't see them scaring many teams besides Morris and Lafai.

richies

Juniors
I believe if it aint broke leave it, but in saying switching Morris to fullback like last year is the only option atm. As Tim and Chase leave us a little short on speedy centers.
I have only seen Cook at hooker so dont know how he goes at fullback.

01. Josh Morris
02. Mitch Brown
03. Krisnan Inu
04. Tim Lafai
05. Sam Perrett
06. Josh Reynolds
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Ennis
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Frank Pritchard
12. Josh Jackson
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Tony Williams
15. Reni Maitua --- instead of Dale as we need a utility on the big bench
16. James Graham
17. David Klemmer

also would like to see how Kayne Brennan would go in the NRL if either perrett or brown faulter, as this kids got it all and works his back side off...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
01. Krisnan Inu
02. Tim Lafai
03. Josh Morris
04. Chase Stanley
05. Sam Perrett
06. Josh Reynolds
07. Trent Hodkinson
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Michael Ennis (C)
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Frank Pritchard (C)
12. Josh Jackson
13. Greg Eastwood

14. Tony Williams
15. Reni Maitua
16. James Graham
17. Dale Finucane / Dave Klemmer / Tim Browne / Lachlan Burr

Pretty straight forward for me. Inu to FB, Lafai to wing and Stanley in the centres. Hard to leave Brown out, but Lafai needs and run and Stanley's too good to leave out IMO.

Forwards wise not much changes from last year - we've got Maitua to fill that utility role now and can use the other three spots for rotating forwards - T Rex and Graham obviously, with any one of Finucane, Klemmer, Browne and Burr in the final spot.

MatthewA

Juniors
I think Lafai is a far better centre than Stanley. He should be there for sure and honestly, this would have to be his last year to cement his position in the starting side or he'll go and find one of the many other clubs who would take him in a heartbeat.

dogslife

Coach
Frank is an odd selection over James Graham. I'm hoping that's not a sign he's on his way out

Dogs Of War

Coach
I'm not sure why you guys have Reni on the bench. We are much better off with a younger bloke who can develop into that player we need. Reni can lead out nsw cup team around and teach the up and comers what's required.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Frank is an odd selection over James Graham. I'm hoping that's not a sign he's on his way out

I'm assuming that it's more of a pointer that Ennis may be on his way out, while graham is still making up his mind whether he stays in Australia thus waiting till he commits. Doesn't help that as captain the refs probably couldn't understand him.

hardbaby

Coach
Pretty straight forward for me. Inu to FB, Lafai to wing and Stanley in the centres. Hard to leave Brown out, but Lafai needs and run and Stanley's too good to leave out IMO.

You obviously didn't see many Dragons games last year Timmah. Lafai is an outstanding talent. Stanley is absolute vomit.

MatthewA

Juniors
I think Ennis will play 80 minutes, but in saying that when he does start to wear off and he needs a break Moses Mbye would be a brilliant bench utility.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Reynolds has been recovering from the shoulder issue all off-season after surgery. He's back training with the squad, should be okay for R1.

If not, Mbye is a great find.

ek999

First Grade
I think we can be pretty certain Perrett will be fullback in round 1 and I think Mbye may have got himself a spot on the bench and Ennis will reduce his minutes. My prediction for round 1 is now

1. Perrett
2. Brown
3. Morris
4. Stanley
5. Inu
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Kasiano
11. Jackson
12. Pritchard
13. Eastwood

14. Williams
15. Graham
16. Finucane
17. Mbye or Klemmer depending if Des wants a bench utility

If Eastwood is injured either Burr or Maitua to come in and Finucane starting. Good to see there is a lot of competition for spots though.