What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Come Back of The Rock.

faruk1

Juniors
Hello,
Good morning everybody, I am looking for Chiropractor service and found Pacific Beach Chiropractor but I am not sure about their service quality. Has anyone have got their service before? How was that? Or please give me some other ideas.

Last edited:

afinalsin666

First Grade
Never, hopefully. Mania 27 to mania 29 was terrible under his looming shadow. They drop everything to focus on him. Not worth it in the slightest.

Plus his last match against cena he tore his ab and pelvis muscles or some such. He can't handle it any more.

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Coach
You'll never see him wrestle again, I'd say the odd appearance wouldn't be completely off the cards though, but who knows. His return wasn't that great, but I'll always remember the very first night, the monstrous pop, the promo, it was just great.

Tone83

Juniors
I thought his return was awesome and hilarious. If anything he has gotten better at talking. Wrestling... well I dunno, who cares? Who watches wrestling for the wrestling?

His last match with Cena, he hurt himself pretty badly. So I think if he returns, he will do the same as Austin when he makes come backs. A few lines, finisher, 3 minutes of cheering.

Parra Pride

Coach
Speaking of returns, I had to laugh watching Batista's return, Lawler saying he'd never heard a standing ovation quite like the one Batista got, and then Maddox saying it was the biggest return ever on Raw. Rock and Lesnar's returns were so much bigger, and the crowd wasn't dead for them.

Tone83

Juniors
Hogan returns soon. His pop might be bigger.
I doubt it, hogan has worn out his public welcome as a reality show dead beat and international joke. Everyone is sick of him.

The biggest pop possible would be a stone cold one done right, he really left everyone wanting more and is relatively private and elusive.

Big Pete

Referee
Not anymore - Austin runs his own podcast and is open about basically everything.

I'll post my thoughts on The Rock comeback after the Rumble is over.

Big Pete

Referee
Okay so...

When The Rock originally made his return, it was fantastic. Great Rock promo where he ran down the roster and cut some fantastic lines, particularly on Cena that only he could have got away with.

Then it all just went south from there.

They needed to strike while the iron was hot, instead the WWE had to come up with a stop-gap Mania main event of Cena/Miz. Truth be told, that match shouldn't have main evented - Cena should have been involved elsewhere and they could have done the deal there.

To make matters worse, the build sucked. Nobody cared about The Miz, it was all about Cena/Rock and even then the promos always had something wrong with them. For instance, Cena comes at Rock with a good rap promo - instead of brushing it off like The Rock is known to do - he cuts this whiny defensive promo about how much he cares about the fans...in a pre-tape pomo inside his home.

The problem was, The Rock was limited in what he could do - he could only cut promos and he had to somehow keep fans interested in a match for an entire year using that one skill alone. It was a tall order, and the WWE did little to keep fans interested in other matches on the card. There wasn't a whole lot of build towards the card - Taker/HHH had a similar sort of build that came from left field and Punk/Jericho was just thrown together - the rest achieved little as well.

To make matters worse, they extended it another year after that and while the return was a touch better, it suffered from sequalitis and by that point the crowd was completely mixed on it and weren't very receptive to Cena finally overcoming The Rock - I don't think he really needed his validation to be recognised as the face of the WWE.