What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glory Glory - The Manchester United Thread II

StGeorgeBull

Juniors
I hope we can get 4th but am I the only one who would prefer 6th to 5th? Is anybody excited about Europa? Next season I'd rather we make a push for the league without the distraction just like Liverpool this year.

Jason Maher

Immortal
So we finally make a decent signing. Won't turn us into a title contender, but it's a start. We've desperately needed some real quality in our midfield ever since Ronaldo left. Now to work on the defence.

Jason Maher

Immortal
So then, do we heed Sir Alex's advice and be patient, or do we scream for Moyes' blood?

And which is the least worst option: City, Chelsea, or Arsenal?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think the issue with Fellaini is was he worth the money they paid for him ?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Fellaini was never good enough for the standard United should be at. There was never value in how much they paid for him.

If they keep using Mata the way they've started he'll also be a waste.

boxhead

First Grade
So then, do we heed Sir Alex's advice and be patient, or do we scream for Moyes' blood?

And which is the least worst option: City, Chelsea, or Arsenal?

This season has shown just how big a difference Sir Alex makes, not how big a difference Moyes makes. Though spending as much on Fellaini as they did as their major summer signing was probably an early warning sign that Moyes was going to be a bit out of his depth.

I'm still of the opinion Moyes can turn it around. The reality United fans really have to start accepting is that this squad, and its 2010-2011 incarnation, have been over-performing pretty significantly under Sir Alex. When you compare them to - hell - Spurs' squad, they are inferior in so many areas. Mata and Fellaini will not fix that, the former because he comes into a team already stacked in his best positions, the latter because he isn't the "divine saviour" central midfielder United needed.

those people who said Fellaini was a better signing than Ozil. :lol:

Wireman :lol: Poor guy must be close to hanging himself, I don't know how I could live with being so consistently wrong either!

I think the issue with Fellaini is was he worth the money they paid for him ?

Nope. He's a good player for sure but not only is he not what United needed, he is worth - at best - half of what they paid for him.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Apart from Rooney your spot on. Were Carrick and RVP even playing this morning? Hard not to feel for moyes when that's the response he gets, regardless of whether he is the problem or not.

Most comfortable we have looked playing you lot at OT that I can remember.

Jason Maher

Immortal
If Carrick's phoning it in, something is definitely up. He was the unsung hero of our title triumph last season.

stuke

Bench
How long has Moyes got left? If we drop out of CL this week it would have to be close to the final nail.