What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Head coaches who have been fired

zombie jesus

Staff member
Looks like Mike Munchak will be the Steelers new offensive line coach. Very happy with that, hopefully he can get those high draft picks working up to their pedigree and build on the improvement they showed at the back half of the season.

Shorty

Staff member
http://http://nfltraderumors.co/seahawks-dc-dan-quinn-interested-browns-hc-job/
Just bump this.

It seems like the Browns are forever making silly decisions.
Seattle's defensive coordinator or Buffalo's defensive coordinator...it seems like a no brainer to me especially as they would have had to wait until after the SB to interview Quinn.
And they're putting Kyle Shanahan on the coaching staff...it could go either way but the decision making at the Browns still sucks.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
you clearly didn't see the Bills D this year? it was exceptional, and yes i understand you go with Seattle given the circumstances, but you are making it out like Pettine is a terrible choice.

Personally Pettine shouldve waited a few more years, but i wouldnt want to face the Browns D next year with this guy running it.

Shorty

Staff member
Not at all I rate Pettine but it's the browns not the bills, Horton did well with Arizona and then bombed in Cleveland.
It just seems like they've rushed it and Quinn could have been a steadier pick.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
i agree it is rushed, but Pettine is probably with Rex and Rob ryan the most creative defensive orientated coaches in the league. Buffalo recorded like 49 sacks this year, devo he is gone, but more then happy that we signed Gym Shorts and Pepper Johnson.

nick87

Coach
I dont like the Pettine hire at all. Not that i dont rate him, i just think this whole process has been handled so poorly that he's in a hiding to nothing. I also think it's a few years too soon.

The saving grace is that when he's fired from the Browns, like Chud, future organisations will understand what a shitty and dumb franchise the browns are and i dont expect it to count against him too much

Ron Jeremy

Coach
yeah i agree, and i just dont think pettine is ready for this type of responsibility. In saying that, they do have 2 first rd picks, stars in Gordon, Hadin, Thomas etc, they can go places very quickly depending on who they draft this year and how they unfold. Pettine did seem to get alot out of our undrafted rookies this year like searcy.

I still cannot undertand how Rob Ryan has never got a gig as a head coach.......................surely this guy should be in play - right pedigree, proven success......it has to be the hair lol

nick87

Coach
this was the first year he was DC for a team with a winning record, and it broke down when it was needed the most.
I think there is reasons, very fair ones, why Rob Ryan hasnt been given a shot

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Rob Ryan was hardly the cause in Dallas as was proven this year - there D went out the window whilst he stepped into New Orleans and totally turn them around - always the sign of a good D Co-ordinator how quickly they can step in and change things around.

nick87

Coach
I dont blame him for Dallas, but it like all Rob Ryan defenses, it feel flat at the moment it needed to stand up.
It's really that simple.

Latest posts