What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play The Draft

Raider_69

Post Whore
Been reading a book called Draft Haze, and it mentioned this

www.playthedraft.com

Basically you get a portfolio of 12 million dollars to buy "stocks" in draft prospects, as the draft prospects stock rise and fall, so too does their stock, you buy and sell stock leading up to the draft based on who is rising and falling in the draft, the stock prices change after a certain number of mock drafts are done. At the end of the draft, your stock gets liquidated and the person with the highest value wins.

I recon it sounds like a really interesting and cool way to keep a track of the next draft

I dont think there is much going on just now because the college season is still a little while from kicking but would anyone be keen to get involved in this?

Paullyboy

Coach
If I had time/resources to follow college football I'd be all over this, but alas I simply would be cannon fodder.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I've been playing a similar game (Hollywood Stock Exchange) for about ten years now. Fun little setup.

I'd be keen. I know sweet FA about college football, but wouldn't be a bad way to learn + give me an incentive to follow it.

nick87

Coach
Hey guys, this thing has finally opened up

www.playthedraft.com

anyone keen to join up PM me your email addy, ive started a league and will invite you guys in
seems a fun way to fill in time for the draft

nick87

Coach
Ive gone with this to start proceedings:
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Sammy Watkins
Deone Bucannon
Lache Seastrunk
Stanley Jean-Baptiste
A.J. McCarron
Jimmy Garoppolo
Aaron Colvin
Dion Bailey
Dee Ford
Kelvin Benjamin
Blake Bortles

zombie jesus

Staff member
I have no idea what I'm doing lol

Weston Richburg
Dee Ford
Jason Verrett
Allen Robinson
Odell Beckham Jr.
Jimmie Ward
Calvin Pryor
David Fales
Loucheiz Purifoy
Kelvin Benjamin
Ka'Deem Carey
Aaron Donald
Jimmy Garoppolo

Big Mick

Referee
My list

Denzel Perryman
Michael Sam
Will Sutton
Jeremy Gallon
L'Damian Washington
Zach Mettenberger
Logan Thomas
Seantrel Henderson
Zack Martin
Gator Hoskins
Isaiah Crowell
Charles Sims
Pierre Desir
Stanley Jean-Baptiste
Jimmy Garoppolo
Aaron Donald
Odell Beckham Jr.
Dee Ford

nick87

Coach
Taken hits on ASJ and McCarron over night, have sold them off and taken up Aaron Donald DT

nick87

Coach
My list

Denzel Perryman
Michael Sam
Will Sutton
Jeremy Gallon
L'Damian Washington
Zach Mettenberger
Logan Thomas
Seantrel Henderson
Zack Martin
Gator Hoskins
Isaiah Crowell
Charles Sims
Pierre Desir
Stanley Jean-Baptiste
Jimmy Garoppolo
Aaron Donald
Odell Beckham Jr.
Dee Ford

Interesting list, not any blue chip stock but a few potential risers

abpanther

Staff member
Hey Nick,

I've got a guy from another forum I frequent who is keen, if you don't mind having him can you send him an invite?

Big Mick

Referee
Interesting list, not any blue chip stock but a few potential risers

That's what I was going for.

Like a guy like Zach Mettenberger will apparently be ok to work out for teams and I think, if fit, he'd likely be a 2nd-3rd rounder which for the value he is at right now would be upside.

Issaih Crowell I will either hold or sell after the combine and interviews.

Logan Thomas is priced low but I think teams will fall in love with his size & athleticism and take him higher than he deserves to be taken & his current value dictates.

Same with Seantrel Henderson - Tackles are a premium position and Henderson is a massive body capable to play both sides even though he isn't very good on tape. He'll flash at the combine and stock will rise imo.

I think a guy like Jeremy Gallon will also rise - Good hands etc I think he has kind of Keenan Allen/Marvin Jones like skillset.

I figure if I take a bluechip stock it may not rise as much as say if I take a chance at under the radar guys who will flash at the combine and in workouts.

nick87

Coach
I've taken a couple of blue chips and a few 2nd and 3rd round guys i think will rise up and go a round higher than they are valued.

Latest posts