What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW, Benji, Falou and Sam Burgess

Loudstrat

Coach
Loudstrat benji won the golden boot in 2010 as the worlds best player and 2011 was his best year as a player. As for burgess, he is a fantastic footballer and damn important to England. These players are not just replaceable!
Bullshit. The world doesnt end when these players retire, does it. If ANYONE was ever irreplaceable, it was Joey Johns - who got replaced as soo as he retired.

Burgess may get a bigger pay cheque for 2-3 years.

However he has damaged a shitload of goodwill that would underlie his money making capacity after football.
Exactly. The Yawnion old boy network will never accept a Leagueie into their fold. Never.

Of course its bigger, far bigger.

That's why Im always amazed at the Union fans on here who seem to think they are somehow fighting a valiant fight as an oppressed minority.
They are an opressed minority.

ENGLAND - Up the selves aristocratic inbreds
SEFF EFRICA - Cousins of the above, and up themselves Afrikaans knobjockeys
NZ - Sheep rooters
FRANCE - Ulra right Neo Nazis

The few here are inhabitants of some wierd time zone where Volvos are fashionable

Union is far bigger than League in England.
I seriously doubt that. Union in England only has one test venue.
Australia is the only country in the world where league is bigger.
And here we trot out he tired old "we are bigger" line. FFS if size really mattered, he'd play in the NRL. Bigger crowds, longer comp. The f*cking home ground of the club Sam is going to holds - wait for it - a MASSIVE 12000!!!!!! Wow, that's big!!!!!! :lol::lol: How the f*ck thats bigger than ANZ............

And the irony of a Pommy going to a place called "Bath"..........

BranVan3000

Coach
Bullshit. The world doesnt end when these players retire, does it. If ANYONE was ever irreplaceable, it was Joey Johns - who got replaced as soo as he retired.

Exactly. The Yawnion old boy network will never accept a Leagueie into their fold. Never.

They are an opressed minority.

ENGLAND - Up the selves aristocratic inbreds
SEFF EFRICA - Cousins of the above, and up themselves Afrikaans knobjockeys
NZ - Sheep rooters
FRANCE - Ulra right Neo Nazis

The few here are inhabitants of some wierd time zone where Volvos are fashionable

I seriously doubt that. Union in England only has one test venue.

And here we trot out he tired old "we are bigger" line. FFS if size really mattered, he'd play in the NRL. Bigger crowds, longer comp. The f*cking home ground of the club Sam is going to holds - wait for it - a MASSIVE 12000!!!!!! Wow, that's big!!!!!! :lol::lol: How the f*ck thats bigger than ANZ............

And the irony of a Pommy going to a place called "Bath"..........
Union can't establish a high level domestic competition anywhere in the world. The reason is because watching Union is boring as bat shit, most people can only stomach it every couple of years

phantom eel

First Grade
All pretty big names would you agree?

All union players as of next year. (Benji and falonk are union players now of course).

What is going on.

All are greedy Gen Y individualists. We will bankrupt the game if we bend over backwards to keep every talented egomaniac that wants to seek "new challenges" (and more $$$).

Forget about them, there are always others coming through. I'd forgotten about Folau and Benji already, and in 12 months time will have forgotten $BW and this Burgess bloke.

mongoose

Coach
More proof that RL produces the most valuable, talented and marketable athletes of the codes (not including soccer).

typicalfan

Coach
Despite all the superiority Union has on the international stage they still need to throw large amounts of coin at league players. What makes them so valuable to Union as opposed to league where they all get replaced by the next big thing

RWB

Bench
All are greedy Gen Y individualists. We will bankrupt the game if we bend over backwards to keep every talented egomaniac that wants to seek "new challenges" (and more $$$).

Forget about them, there are always others coming through. I'd forgotten about Folau and Benji already, and in 12 months time will have forgotten $BW and this Burgess bloke.

Oh god :crazy:

LineBall

Juniors
Good mate who is a mad Rah Rah fan, who went said Benj had a "shocker"

What a surprise. A bloke who was vastly over-rated, living off a few good performances a decade ago, whose sense of self-importance was inflated by the fools at channel 9, and fooled the tigers into paying more than he was worth - has suddenly gone to another sport and found to be rather average.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
That's laced with untruths.

Benji was a very good player from 2005-10.. maybe even extending into 2011.. and at his best was perhaps the best player in the world. We should never take away his accomplishments, nor diminish our joyful memories of playing his best football for us.

We had him at his best.

However I do suspect his early career injuries have caught up with him, his agility, his dynamism is gone, I suspect due to a whole raft of soft tissue being scarred.

Benji moving on to the pension league is good for him. I fully endorse the NRL establishing a relationship with japanese rah-rah so our players can get one last pay day.

Every 32 year old NRL player having a $500k per year contract for 2-3 years. By the time they are 35 with residency, they qualify for Japan RU and if stacked with ex-NRL athletes, Japan will probably win the RU world cup.

We produce the best rugby players by a long margin. Of course it is rational to desire they play for us, and not for the subhumans. However Benji really can't do that anymore and it's fine to let him go and look after himself.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Oh god :crazy:

I f**king cringe everytime someone says Gen WYXZ.

Back in my day, we were real men.

If someone offered me 1 million bucks a year to play Union, I'd punch them in the face. If someone went back in my time & showed me how to use to internet, we'd have them burnt at the stake for using sorcery.

Nah, we real men back in those days. It's just amazing that when I realized there were people younger than me that young people became stupid & weak. Not a real man.

eozsmiles

Bench
I f**king cringe everytime someone says Gen WYXZ.

Back in my day, we were real men.

If someone offered me 1 million bucks a year to play Union, I'd punch them in the face. If someone went back in my time & showed me how to use to internet, we'd have them burnt at the stake for using sorcery.

Nah, we real men back in those days. It's just amazing that when I realized there were people younger than me that young people became stupid & weak. Not a real man.

Back in my day we didn't have young people, We didn't have time for them with the big haircuts, sharp clothes, and fancy attitudes.

tumbidragon

First Grade

3jbq.jpg

typicalfan

Coach
Benji was never the best player in the game. In 2010 there was talk of him surpassing Lockyer however by the guys like Thurston, Smith etc had eclipsed him.

Perth Red

Post Whore
More proof that RL produces the most valuable, talented and marketable athletes of the codes (not including soccer).

Who us of little benefit if they then take those attributes to a rival code.

Of course the game will go on without Sam burgess, will it be better without him? No. Is it worth screwing the salary cap to keep these type of player? No. is rugby union sht and therefore needs to poach RL players to try and improve itself? Yes

Knownothing

Juniors
Who us of little benefit if they then take those attributes to a rival code.

Of course the game will go on without Sam burgess, will it be better without him? No. Is it worth screwing the salary cap to keep these type of player? No. is rugby union sht and therefore needs to poach RL players to try and improve itself? Yes

So was rugby league sht when all those rugby union players switched?

What a silly thing to say. Rugby union is now professional, there is a lot of money in the game, particularly in Europe, who can blame players for switching (either way) for money?

Did Benji Marshall switch for more money, incidentally?

Kurt Angle

First Grade
So was rugby league sht when all those rugby union players switched?

No.

Rugby union was shit then too.

Union has always been shit and always will be shit, mainly because of the character of the people it attracts.

You're attracted to union aren't you?