What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michael Slater and rugby league.

Brutus

Referee
Did anyone hear this clown make a goose of himself on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning when discussing country football with a very passionate caller?

Slater once again proved he has no idea about rugby league and is obsessed by bringing cricket into the conversion even when it is completely unjustified. The caller owned Slater for this. Wish I had of recorded it.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Did anyone hear this clown make a goose of himself on the Big Sports Breakfast this morning when discussing country football with a very passionate caller?

Slater once again proved he has no idea about rugby league and is obsessed by bringing cricket into the conversion even when it is completely unjustified. The caller owned Slater for this. Wish I had of recorded it.

did he kick the conversion ?

Patorick

Staff member
I sometimes get the sense Slats is only a Manly fan when he has to be.

Bit like Tony Abbott, hey?

Mr Saab

Referee
Brutus, was that the call the listener talked about the Tooheys Challenge of the early 90s and Slater starting talking about cricket as Slater was confused (and clueless what the Tooheys Challenge was)

Brutus

Referee
Brutus, was that the call the listener talked about the Tooheys Challenge of the early 90s and Slater starting talking about cricket as Slater was confused (and clueless what the Tooheys Challenge was)

Yep that was it.

Had no idea about the Tooheys Challenge in RL, even though games were brought to his old home town. He thought the caller was somehow referring to a cricket "tooheys" comp.

It was embarrassing.

Slater is crap when talking about rugby league. He should just stick with hosting the Cricket Show and the Wide World of Sports show.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Slater wouldn't even know the name of any teams in group 9

God-King Dean

Immortal
5458176_300.jpg

eozsmiles

Bench
The tooheys cup was massive in country cricket. Richards and Windies, the Chappels, the Waughs.......

You have to expect to hear garbage on this show - the title is a give away. It's a variety program, you cannot expect any expert commentary on anything other than cricket from slats and ???? from the other bloke.

Mr Saab

Referee
Cricket players should be banned from talking about league....him and Robertson are less of an idea than Bunniesman

Tone83

Juniors
Slatts is the phoniest smuggest wank to ever wank, he just wants to be a shiney toothed TV presenter and will get a gig anywhere he can. He's a moron and a charmless turd, any ex-league player would have a far better personality than him. Why they persist with him I have no idea.

aads

Juniors
f**king dont get me started on this charmless man i wont stop

Again this year we have to struggle through - listening to him changing topic when the conversation gets edgy, trying to cover up for the only funny part of the show which are the f**k ups - Suck the right one and you can get far in there

See also:
Ray Hadley
And that other merkin Tim Gilbert

Hate Slater with a passion. Why cant more people see through the facade? Douche.

Vossy best by a country mile. Yet 9 persist with that senile old merkin Ray Warren and Hadley.

Ps. Please concede the Gasnier experiment has failed and f**k him off. He is just embarrassingly dumb.

Michael Slater and Tim Gilbert are the two biggest idiots out there presenting rugby league. Slater on the Footy Show is pointless. And he always looks pissed off when no one laughs at his jokes. Its because they're not funny! Tim Gilbert on the other hand (on those Sunday Roast segments on the Sunday Footy Show), just don't get me started. He's worse than Slater

Brutus

Referee
Slater has little knowledge of all sports except for cricket.

He strikes me as a car bogan who just happened to be good at cricket.