What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auckland Nines

Nines

• Good

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • Meh

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Card Shark

Immortal
canberra on the other hand have treated it with contempt, but tbh given their coach i cant say i'm too surprised. canterbury have also sent over a second string side - again look at their coach

Personalities bigger than the game....self obsessed.

Card Shark

Immortal
Rule Changes:

• Introduction of the Bonus Zone – a five point try for tries scored in the in-goal area between the goal posts at each end. All tries scored outside the bonus zone will remain four pointers

• Introduction of 'GoldenTry' - where if teams are drawn at fulltime – in extra time the first team to score a try wins – with the 'Golden try'

• Goal-kicks will not feature in the tournament with dropkicks taken in line from where the try was scored worth two points. Penalty dropkicks will be worth two points with a field goal in general play remaining at one point.

• Scrums will consist of five players from each team and will only be used in the event of a double knock-on or a mutual infringement.

• In the event of a successful 40/20 kick, play will recommence with a tap re-start to the kicking team 20 metres in from where the ball crossed the touch line.

• Matches will be re-started by the scoring team through a drop kick off

• Referees will have the power to send players to the sin-bin for five minutes for foul play.

Card Shark

Immortal
3 min bin would've been enough.

Refs may have used it then but will be too scared to for lopsiding the game with a 5 min bin.

firechild

First Grade
5 minutes is ludicrous in a 20min game, especially with a smaller number of players. Ice hockey successfully uses a 2 minutes penalty (5 minutes for major transgressions) in a much longer game.

ek999

First Grade
5 minutes is way too long when it is only 9 minutes per half. 2 or 3 minutes would be enough.

It is only 5 tackles per set too

Card Shark

Immortal
It is only 5 tackles per set too

Bound to be a few players & refs embarrass themselves with this rule.

I can see the headlines now...... "Sharks knock Cowboys out of 9s with 6th tackle try". Oh the outrage!!!! ;-)

Might have been better to leave it at 6 to avoid confusion.

POPEYE

Coach
It'd be reasonable if bad boys were told to do two laps of the field beginning when play restarts and they have to re-enter through painted markings

kit66

Bench
It'd be reasonable if bad boys were told to do two laps of the field beginning when play restarts and they have to re-enter through painted markings

Close. Through painted (or burning ) hoops and somersault onto the field. You can't have a circus without somersaults and hoops.

***MH***

Bench
I understand this is on Foxtel.

Can anyone confirm or deny it will be available via the nrl app?

There is a Free Foxtel Play trial available at the moment. This will let you watch Foxtel for free for the next 14 days on a PC, MAC, XBOX 360 or a Samsung/LG Smart TV.

Go to http://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/home/default.htm

Pick the Sports Pack and sign up for a free trial, but remember to Cancel before the end of the Trial so that it doesn't charge your Credit Card. (or stay on using the service... whatever floats your boat)

mepelthwack

Juniors
There is a Free Foxtel Play trial available at the moment. This will let you watch Foxtel for free for the next 14 days on a PC, MAC, XBOX 360 or a Samsung/LG Smart TV.

Go to http://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtelplay/home/default.htm

Pick the Sports Pack and sign up for a free trial, but remember to Cancel before the end of the Trial so that it doesn't charge your Credit Card. (or stay on using the service... whatever floats your boat)

Thx mate

natheel

Coach
been watching interviews with some of the players on club sites and NRL site and they are all loving it. Isaac Luke apparently pleaded day after day he wanted to play but was denied his wish. Good sign for the future of this comp with big names wanting to play, just up to the coaches to allow them

kit66

Bench

I recently bought one of those - LG 3D Smart TV. Best bit of technology I ever bought. Just another reason I can't wait for the footy to start.

philgood

Juniors
Really excited and looking forward to watching this. Hoping my Tigers can get up!

Congratulations to the NRL and the organisers of the Nines for a great initiative.

Latest posts