What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowHigh

Coach
Very lucky to get the 3 points there! We did it though and these sort of wins are a sign we're an improved team.
Played like shit in the first half. I get scared every time Toure is near the ball now.
2nd half was better but definitely wasn't the strong outing after Arsenal I hoped for.

Very lucky to get the 3 points there! We did it though and these sort of wins are a sign we're an improved team.
Played like shit in the first half. I get scared every time Toure is near the ball now.
2nd half was better but definitely wasn't the strong outing after Arsenal I hoped for.

Skrtel's mistake which lead to Richardson's goal was almost as bad. Sakho and Agger cannot come back from injury fast enough for mine.

cb4

First Grade
Only one of Sakho or Agger will come back into the team, Brendan is in love with Skrtel.

Foz

Bench
Might of lost overnight but gee I'm liking the way we are playing.
Certainly had our chances but the way both Arsenal and Liverpool play makes it easy to get up and watch them.
Have to have a whinge about the Suarez no penalty though.
The ref was only about 5 yards from it.
What did he see?
Anyway it's been a long time since we've been the equal of Arsenal at their home and despite the score we were pretty close today.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Iffy calls go both way. You can have your penalty if Gerrard gets a 1st half red like he should have.

cb4

First Grade
Credit to Arsenal, you guys did well to get on top of our game plan.

The second penalty was worse than the first, but both should have been penalties. Problem is Suarez, he doesnt need to carry on like he got shot. Sturridge didnt against Fulham, just got up and went on about it.

I hope you guys win it and dont let city win the treble, that would be terrible.

Foz

Bench
Iffy calls go both way. You can have your penalty if Gerrard gets a 1st half red like he should have.

Did you think it was an iffy call the no penalty?
From a Liverpool viewpoint I can't understand why it wasn't given.

If Sterling had gone to ground he may of given that one.
That was iffy.
I thought the Agger one was fair enough.

The only thing iffy about the second Suarez one was he wouldn't give it because he gave us one earlier.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Did you think it was an iffy call the no penalty?
From a Liverpool viewpoint I can't understand why it wasn't given.

If Sterling had gone to ground he may of given that one.
That was iffy.
I thought the Agger one was fair enough.

The only thing iffy about the second Suarez one was he wouldn't give it because he gave us one earlier.

So in other words, you were lucky to have been awarded the first penalty, therefore it all evens out.

HowHigh

Coach
Credit to Arsenal, you guys did well to get on top of our game plan.

The second penalty was worse than the first, but both should have been penalties. Problem is Suarez, he doesnt need to carry on like he got shot. Sturridge didnt against Fulham, just got up and went on about it.

I hope you guys win it and dont let city win the treble, that would be terrible.
I'd prefer the Arsenal trophy drought continued tbh lol

saint.nick

Coach
Might of lost overnight but gee I'm liking the way we are playing.
Certainly had our chances but the way both Arsenal and Liverpool play makes it easy to get up and watch them.
Have to have a whinge about the Suarez no penalty though.
The ref was only about 5 yards from it.
What did he see?
Anyway it's been a long time since we've been the equal of Arsenal at their home and despite the score we were pretty close today.

We actually beat them there 2-0 only 2 seasons ago :lol:

God...just imagine if Sturridge put away those early chances. I was having a big feeling it would otherwise be another rout.

saint.nick

Coach
I honestly don't mind City. They've generally been an underdog club, and what they did to Utd on that famous day forever leaves me with a soft spot for them.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Just finished watching a replay. Thought over the course of the 90 we were the better team, but as we all know that doesn't always display in the result.

Had a stack of opportunities just couldn't quite capitalise in them. I thought Howard Webb had a poor game (both ways) I won't go deep into the penalty, but I'd like to hear from him what he actually thought he saw because that was a stonewall as they get.

Suarez may be in a goal drought (by his standards) but is still playing unbelievable football at the moment. Sterling just keeps improving, Sturrige even though he missed those chances is in rare form, Coutinho is slowly getting back to the form he showed last year and now with Agger back we just need Sahko and hopefully Enrique soon enough and be back to full strength at the back, which will help immensely in the later stages of the season.

Disappointed but not shattered, we have bigger fish to fry.

Foz

Bench
So in other words, you were lucky to have been awarded the first penalty, therefore it all evens out.
I never said that.
Your interpretation not mine.

I knew we beat them a couple of years ago in a league game but they had half a side out that' day.(neither side was full strength today either so I take your point).
We've struggled for a long time home and away.

Last edited:

HowHigh

Coach
This is a whole lot of stupid. Any fan of one of the real clubs should hope for anybody but City. I'd rather Spurs win a trophy than City.
lol why is it stupid, because I don't like the team you support? Because I find it amusing that a rival team hasn't won a trophy in 8-9 years and would like that streak to continue?

boxhead

First Grade
This is a whole lot of stupid. Any fan of one of the real clubs should hope for anybody but City. I'd rather Spurs win a trophy than City.

@Bunniesman
If you weren't such a useless f**king twat then people might actually want to see Arsenal win something. Unfortunately, you ruin even that.

Foz

Bench
Everything we expected overnight.
Attack was good 4 goals and a few more chances.
Defence was ordinary and Skrtel finally got nabbed for what we knew would happen.I reckon he's committed much more obvious fouls and gotten away with them but this was coming.He had a shocker today.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Skrtel has been pushing his luck pretty much all season and it was a matter of time before he finally got pinged for it. Thankfully it hasn't cost us points on this occasion but now he will have to be extra careful because other refs will be on his a** about it too.

How far away is Sahko? we have really missed him since he has been out.

Status
Not open for further replies.