What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our 9s

Titanic

First Grade
From the first set of six in the first game against the Tigers when within 20 meters of their line we hit it up 5 times and then died with the ball I knew our season was stuffed....

Game 1 Tigers ... a scrambling win when Minichiello held the ball and the team put their shoulders in.

Game 2 Knights ... a scrambling loss when Minichiello rediscovered his normal form and the team went shoulder grabbing.

Which team turns up tomorrow is anybody guess but let's hope it's the one where Zillman decides to involve himself because he sure as hell was missing today.

Having said all that, I was pleased with the new faces generally. Tighe and KFFL had a real go, while Carter and Likiliki showed enough that they will push for a first 17 start. Blair didn't show much but then again this was hardly the platform for a party lad to shine so early in the season.

You have to love Bull Bailey and Albert Kelly who just love rugby league. The others don't warrant a mention either way.

Titanic

First Grade
Continued...

Game 3 Sharks ... the less said the better because it was the worst of Games 1 & 2 that turned up with Minichiello grabbing two tries and Zillman managing to show the rugby league world why he should be playing QCup.

One wonders when the coach and/or management will wake up to the fact that this team will not lift for him even if he stuck their fingers into a powerpoint. No amount of bunjy jumping or jetboat riding will change that ... very disappointing ... not the losses per se but the manner in which they were lost.

Helmet Man

Juniors
Terrible defence on the edges. The Knights targeted that area the whole game. I think our attack is alright though.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
We took a strong squad to the 9's and won one scrappy game. We should have done better.

Just one of many poor showings for an upcoming year where we are destined to be near the bottom.

Latest posts