What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullo could be out for 4 months - no surgery required

God-King Dean

Immortal
lol, you don't walk off the field after tearing your hamstring off the bone. He'll miss round 2 at the most.

If he's out for 4 months I'll suck Jobdog's balls.

grandorient

Bench
I feel for you guys.

For mine, Mullen is a star and I hope the injury isn't as bad as first thought

Best wishes to him

GO

Knight Vision

First Grade
lol, you don't walk off the field after tearing your hamstring off the bone. He'll miss round 2 at the most.

If he's out for 4 months I'll suck Jobdog's balls.

Is that right ? is it because it hurts like hell ? or its literally impossible ? Sweet lord I hope this bloke isnt out for 4 months .....

Frederick

Staff member
I would think itd be physically impossible to walk with your hammy torn off the bone

Joker's Wild

Coach
Pretty much. The pain is bad enough but you also have little muscle control of your leg

Unless Mullo was using the force to hold the back of his thigh together, which is entirely plausible, I would be surprised if he has torn it off as reported

perverse

Referee
I can certainly attest to the fact that when you rip a muscle from a bone - your leg loses it's shit and can't function. I didn't do my hammy, but have ripped muscle from bone in a different part of my leg.

I will be massively surprised if it's a clean snap. Mullo is magic, but not that magic for mine. You just don't walk after shit like that, you physically can't move your leg to do so. Your brain sends the signal, and your leg goes "lol yeah righto dickhead, nup".

I'm expecting a partial tear... the main question mark is the extent of surgery and recovery time required. Throw in Mullos straight up inhuman healing abilities, it's not totally unrealistic to think he could be back round 6-8... but we probably won't know more until next week, and even then... it's probably going to be a touch-and-go recovery. I daresay we'll get a "surprise, Mullen is better!" at some point in the early-ish rounds... but perhaps I'm just in denial and being overly optimistic.

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I can certainly attest to the fact that when you rip a muscle from a bone - your leg loses it's shit and can't function. I didn't do my hammy, but have ripped muscle from bone in a different part of my leg.

I will be massively surprised if it's a clean snap. Mullo is magic, but not that magic for mine. You just don't walk after shit like that, you physically can't move your leg to do so. Your brain sends the signal, and your leg goes "lol yeah righto dickhead, nup".

I'm expecting a partial tear... the main question mark is the extent of surgery and recovery time required. Throw in Mullos straight up inhuman healing abilities, it's not totally unrealistic to think he could be back round 6-8... but we probably won't know more until next week, and even then... it's probably going to be a touch-and-go recovery. I daresay we'll get a "surprise, Mullen is better!" at some point in the early-ish rounds... but perhaps I'm just in denial and being overly optimistic.

The way he handled the injury also gives me optimism that it isn't as bad as first thought. The idea of walking after an injury like reported sounds pretty far fetched to me. Hopefully it's only a month or so on the sideline. Here's hoping anyway :)

Swarzey

Bench
Really hope we don't rush him back. I would rather deal with another two/three weeks without him rather than he come back early and risk injuring it again. Unless the team goes to complete shit, there's no reason to. This is just another excuse for Daley not to pick him for Origin 2 or 3 if he returns in time and rips in and I think the early rounds could cost him in winning the Dally M.

Rolla

Juniors
If it was completely torn off the bone they would have been able to diagnose it on the spot. The physio could feel that it is no longer there - in fact you can generally see it by eye.

It is possible however that the scan revealed that the tear was so bad that surgery was needed to disconnect it and re attach it (I'm not a doctor or a physio btw, this is an assumption that seems reasonable).

Knight Vision

First Grade
Well I'm feeling much better after reading some of these posts. The whole torn off the bone story could be just a media beat up. Mullen is just too important , we could almost loose any other player and recover but not Mullen.

It was good to see Daley acknowledge Mullo's injury as being a blow to NSW. He is in their calculations. He is only 27 so time is still on his side.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Awful luck, but this is where signing Dobson was a good bit of recruiting on our part. He should be able to slot right in.

With Roberts improving each week, he'll be able to run the show with an experience hand to help out.