What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do" II

cb4

First Grade
Adebayor is definitely in form now
Would love to see both Spurs and Liverpool finish top four but there is only room for one of us this year by the looks of it.

I can see Arsenal falling from Grace to 5th

Deacon

First Grade
So Soldudo shows why he's on the bench most of the time, should overturn that result in the second leg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Seemed like no one wanted to be in the Ukraine, they just wanted to get out of there.

Looked uninterested.

hellteam

First Grade
We often play like that in away Europa games.

Missing a few key players, I'm just happy to get out of there injury free (I think). We can overturn that deficit.

Dembele is crucial to our team. Our other midfielders lose the ball far too easily (Paulinho/Capoue, even Bentaleb this morning), and put so much pressure on the defence.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bentelab was poor but he's a kid so we can forgive him for a poor game now and then.

Soldado was probably our best player in general play but that f**king goal he missed ](*,)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think top 4 is gone now after this mornings result

I think TS is gone now too, playing almost the same team that played in Ukraine 2 days earlier after all that travelling.

Its not as though we dont have depth in our roster.

He certainly has his pet players yet players like Siggy dont even get on the bench under TS.

He's doing what AVB did to Ade.

hellteam

First Grade
Van Gaal seems like a good option. Don't think it will happen though, but early signs are good I guess.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Levy flew to Dutchland to talk with Van Gaal again a week or so back, seems its going to happen after the WC. We aren't talking to anyone else that I know of.

My understanding he will get the gig for 3 years or so to help set the club up, not just our EPL team and set guide TS up to take over from him after the 3 year period. TS is a bit green.

That seems to be the plan but at the rate we go through managers, who knows.

boxhead

First Grade
Levy flew to Dutchland to talk with Van Gaal again a week or so back, seems its going to happen after the WC. We aren't talking to anyone else that I know of.

My understanding he will get the gig for 3 years or so to help set the club up, not just our EPL team and set guide TS up to take over from him after the 3 year period. TS is a bit green.

That seems to be the plan but at the rate we go through managers, who knows.

That's nice to hear they (so far) want to keep Sherwood on as an Assistant and maybe see how he goes in the Head role again in the future, a credit to the guy indeed. We're playing better football as a team under him than we ever did under AVB, or at least I should say better attacking football anyway. Defensively we were usually strong under AVB.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, LVG will be manager and TS will go back to his coaching roll from what we are hearing.

TS seems to be Spurs through and through but hes pretty young and I dont get his boner for Bentilab. We got a ton of depth but he wont use it and I dont think he manages his squad properly.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
We've still never seen Sandro and Paulinho play together, always one of them injured.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he did over play the head but but it was a head but and he successfully brought it to the refs attention by his over acting, dont think he's too proud of himself tho

hellteam

First Grade
Vertonghen has been pretty average the last few games, I think that was just his frustration coming out, wanted to make something happen for the team (I guess he did). Benfica will be tough, I like how we are taking the Europa League seriously, I don't think we have much of a shot at top 4. Want to win something for once.

Ade at his best

QuaintWelcomeBunting.gif

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Soldado adds to his huge tally for the year. Nice to see he can actually score goals.

Latest posts