What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow: Would you want your club to take the punt on him?

Sandow: Would you want your club to take the punt on him?

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

perverse

Referee
I'd probably have him for a bargain contract. Certainly not even on half of what the Eels are paying him, though.

steggz

Juniors
Part of me thinks, for Sandow's benefit, he may need some time away from the game to get himself right, if those issues haven't been dealt with yet

natheel

Coach
Part of me thinks, for Sandow's benefit, he may need some time away from the game to get himself right, if those issues haven't been dealt with yet

The off season issues are not the problem here. It's the fact that Arthur has no plans in the foreseeable future for him. Eels won't let him go if the other club isn't willing to pay at least half his contract

Pierced Soul

First Grade
So you've already said yes then

:lol:

i can see a club picking him up on a cheap contract if the eels chose to subsidise his contract, or more likely he'll ask for a release and end up in SL. whislt the eels would want to offload him i think most clubs realise that its a huge gamble and wouldnt be willing to pay much.

but then again if you're 7 goes down next week for the season you might start considering him again. the broncos need a half who can kick the f**king ball

Jason Maher

Immortal
I would have said yes last year, but with Witt, Williams, and Stanley, we're covered for 7, especially with a quality 6 who hasn't had his spontaneity coached out of him.

I think he'd be a good fit for the donkeys. Really, it'd be a no-loss situation for them, given their current options.

Loudstrat

Coach
FFS what do we gain by letting him go? Hes gone in September anyway. Sure, we save some money, which we cant use to buy anyone with anyway!

MrAnonymous

Bench
Why would any other NRL club want the merkin when he cant even make the eels starting side. Id say there will be Plenty of Super League clubs lining up for him, If he lost the weight and learns how to tackle he would be half decent.. Also he has a pea brain, derpest merkin, dont think he can fix that.

Dave_

Juniors
So yeah, can't make parra FG side, so yeah, why would anyone else want me, so yeah. So yeah, maybe the roosters, so yeah I'm better than their halfback so yeah maybe roosters so yeah........

NAS

Juniors
Teams like Brisbane or the Dragons would be silly in my opinion not to have a look at Chris Sandow. He'd provide that unpredictability that they're lacking.

I think the best fit for him though is probably Wayne Bennett and Newcastle. I think Bennett would get the best out of Sandow and Sandow would compliment the spine that the knights have, particularly when Mullen returns.

He should be signed up. Needs the right person to coach him.

The man has talent just no discipline and direction.

Broncos or Dragons both fit that mould so give him a chance

Bulldog Force

Referee
Sandow has proved that he can play the game well provided he has the players around him. South Sydney had a great forward pack and Sandow worked well with them. Then Parramatta came and threw the cheque book at him without even considering the forwards, and now loo at what's happened. Of course he's going to be shit if the players around him are too.

If a club has good forwards around a halfback, then they're already halfway there (excuse the pun). Many teams in the comp have a good forward pack, and with Sandow now commanding way less money, he'll be a bargain for any team with good forwards to look at!

Stagger Lee

Bench
Bottom line is that Souths have improved as a team without him and Parra have gone backwards since getting him.

Sandow is just a grub with no future in the NRL. Even last year when the Dragons were screaming out for a halfback no Dragon fan I know would have even wanted him.

Not to sure he would even make it in the English league.