What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHEFFIELD SHIELD 2013/2014 Thread

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Shield Final deserves its own thread I reckon.

TPB, get to it, you're getting slack.

Wait, 9 have the rights and won't play it?

In fairness, he's tightened up his technique alot. I always liked SMith though because at state level he has consistently played with patience. When he first came into the Australian side though he was completely misused, catagorised as a slogger when he's never really been that player (he can obviously hit the ball, but a more patient player like that), in all forms of the game. He's really benefitted from Lehmann in charge, getting him in his natural number 5 role.

Agreed. Highly misused in the international with the desperation to have somebody come in at the final few overs and blast away at a SR of 150, ridiculous.

Red Bear

Referee
Thought I was going to be able to go to the current game and the final before going to uni just down the road but the SCG being out of action has wrecked that plan.

lockyno1

Post Whore
SA were stuffed as soon as BM started to follow them! Souffs, Redbacks...lol any more spuds

Timbo

Staff member
For a side that had quite a few former international players available for the entire season, that really is terrible from the Vics.

Timbo

Staff member
Also, a bit baffled how Manuka got the gig - surely NSO or Bankstown?

Also, a bit baffled how Manuka got the gig - surely NSO or Bankstown?

Read on twitter from NSW cricket that the reasoning was that they hadn't played at any of the other possible venues since October/November

They also said that in order to host the final they would have had to win against WA this week. That meant playing again at a venue they'd just won at made sense.

Although that is somewhat mitigated now by the fact that we're playing WA again.

According to the nsw cricket CEO it's was Trevor bayliss that made the call.