What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Brisbane Drummer

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Im just watching the Broncos game now and i keep hearing this random drum beat. To anyone at the game, was this some new sideline entertainment or was it just some random dude in the crowd??

I terms of the drum itself, i thought it sounded great. I dont know what it was like at the ground (was it good, annoying or not even audible??), but through the TV it really seemed to add to the atmosphere.

Id like to see clubs take a leaf out of Souths book and employ a drumming group on the sideline to kind of lead the crowd.

Imagine having something like this inside Suncorp or AAMI...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9kzrrw6FVY

I think it would really add to the atmosphere and make the stadium rock.

no name

Coach
The Titans have had an annoying merkin with a drum at Skilled for a couple of years.

pcpp

Juniors
I was at the game - the drummer was one of the Bronco's mascots in an enclosed boxing ring type area just in the corner of the field. Thought it was pretty good for atmosphere and got the crowd going a bit. Although the crowd was really pumping in the last 10 minutes!!

dogslife

Coach
Did they bust out the rally towels again this year?

broncos-towel-3-300x0.jpg

roofromoz

First Grade
Penrith had drums for one season, stationed at the southern end of the eastern grandstand (2008 maybe). Didn't mind it at all.

And I won't hear anybody besmirch the good name of Dan the Trumpet Man! Had a few of his mates to form a full brass section the night the Panthers belted the Bunnies in 2010 - one the best atmospheres I have ever experienced at Penrith.

Harrigan

Juniors
Yeah it was a damn horse doing it :lol:

It had no rhythm. If you're going to have a drum, at least make sure you are consistent!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
That video of the japanese drummers was impressive.

I f*ckin know right!! Can you just imagine a few of these guys in a place like Suncorp or AAMI that really holds in the sound, it would be nuts.

Actually, to add to that, last year i ventured to Bangkok and went to the Thai-kickboxing. Not only did they have a drumming and percussion band there, they had a conductor to watch the fight and match the tempo of the music to any given moment in the match.

Now THAT would be cool to have at an NRL game...

_Johnsy

Referee
Maybe it's the influx of bro's into SE QLD. The warriors have had drums at their ground for some time.

Osmosis via the amount of bro's attending Sandcorp, therefor affecting the atmosphere could be a simple explanation.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Some drums in the crowd at Storm last night, added to things and got the crowd going but not so often it was annoying. Storm kept playing a big thunder clap when defending their line, it was annoying and a bit scary given there was a big storm happening!

I couldn't see the drums from where I was sitting, so the whole time I thought it was Mitch Lewis banging the drums coz they showed him doing it pre-game.