What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

Pugzley

I think ViTrTor Belfort will retire since his super serum therapy is now banned and is now in danger of getting his head kicked in on a more regular basis.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Anyone catch the Stun Gun's KO of Hatthaway early this morning. Absolutely beautiful spinning back elbow. The noise it made, I thought both guys would have broken bones. Vicious but absolutely textbook timing. Lucky because it was shit boring fight up until that point.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I think ViTrTor Belfort will retire since his super serum therapy is now banned and is now in danger of getting his head kicked in on a more regular basis.

Don't agree. I think he'll go down the Sonnen path of "was legal, now isn't, get on with it". Hendo had some intesting comments. Favors random drug testing at anytime, to tackle the real problem of PED's, rather than a total complete ban on TRT. No going back now tho it seems as all the commissions seem to be banning it, not just Vegas.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Anyone catch the Stun Gun's KO of Hatthaway early this morning. Absolutely beautiful spinning back elbow. The noise it made, I thought both guys would have broken bones. Vicious but absolutely textbook timing. Lucky because it was shit boring fight up until that point.

Kim is a weapon. I reckon it was an ok fight without the KO, plenty of big shots and both guys seeming rocked. One thing with Kim though is he just seems to gas himself out by the 2nd round, his striking gets really sloppy (not the spinning elbow of course) which is something that will get found out by the better guys in the division. Talk of a title shot is a bit premature even though it was kim himself calling for one.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Kim is a weapon. I reckon it was an ok fight without the KO, plenty of big shots and both guys seeming rocked. One thing with Kim though is he just seems to gas himself out by the 2nd round, his striking gets really sloppy (not the spinning elbow of course) which is something that will get found out by the better guys in the division. Talk of a title shot is a bit premature even though it was kim himself calling for one.

Yeah agree mate and that was my problem with the fight. Both guys looked sloppy as from about the first minute of the 2nd. The way Kim was walking down Hathaway and eating shots will see the real deals at WW knock him out in minutes. Good to see him striking tho as he's usually a grinder. Gets some cardio happening and he could be a real weapon.

Didn't catch the title talk but if he said that then his management team need squash it pronto. Lawler or Hendricks will murder him.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Also does anyone know if this Gustafson fight will be on telly as well as fight pass or just fight pass

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
UFC 171 this Sunday. One very good main card. Two of my favourite fighters - Condit & Sanchez. Good title fight. Lombard vs Shields is interesting too.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Spewing I missed that fight on the weekend completely forgot the merkin was on.

UFC 171 hopefully doesn't disappoint like the rest of the shit this year has.

Mateo Moi Moi

Juniors
Great lazy Sunday of viewing. Love the card. Predictions in bold.

MAIN CARD

Johny Hendricks v Robbie Lawler
Carlos Condit v Tyron Woodley
Diego Sanchez v Myles Jury
Jake Shields v Hector Lombard
Ovince St Preux v Nikita Krylov

PRELIMS

Kelvin Gastelum v Rick Story
Racquel Pennington v Jessica Andrade
Dennis Bermudez v Jimmy Hettes
Sean Spencer v Alex Garcia

MrAnonymous

Bench
Fun prelims best I have seen in a while. Hopefully the main card is as good.
Picks for the Main

Lawler-Hendricks
Condit-Woodley
Sanchez-Jury
Sheilds-Lombard
OSP-Krylov

Jack_Napier

Staff member
What was the card like? Haven't seen any action at all. Might watch it later on if its any good? Heard Condit did a knee.

aqua_duck

Coach
What was the card like? Haven't seen any action at all. Might watch it later on if its any good? Heard Condit did a knee.

Card was average, Lombard hurt Shields early then just dry humped him for the last 2 rounds, Sanchez and Jury was ok but Jury did a great job nullifying Diego. Condit vs Woodley was looking like a decent fight till Condit blew his knee and got called off. Lawler and Hendricks was f**ken awesome, both blokes were swinging for the fences, never seen a bloke take so many shots from Hendricks and not go down, likewise never seen a bloke take so many shots from Lawler and not go down

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Card was average, Lombard hurt Shields early then just dry humped him for the last 2 rounds, Sanchez and Jury was ok but Jury did a great job nullifying Diego. Condit vs Woodley was looking like a decent fight till Condit blew his knee and got called off. Lawler and Hendricks was f**ken awesome, both blokes were swinging for the fences, never seen a bloke take so many shots from Hendricks and not go down, likewise never seen a bloke take so many shots from Lawler and not go down

Cheers mate! The title fight sounds like a f**kig cracker, might get it just for that.