What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Sheffield Shield Final: NSW V WA, Manuka Oval

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Rug is out of the Blues team as he's been called up to the Aussie T/20 squad as Mitch has a toe infection and has been ruled out.

Blues still with plenty of depth.

Game starts Friday 21st, March.

caylo

Bench
Clarke is fit to pay apparently. I guess NSW will be:

Carter, Maddinson, Smith, Clarke, Patterson, Neville,Copeland, Abbott, O'Keeffe, Lyon, Hazlewood.
Honestly I wouldn't be sure about that pace attack without Bollinger, Copeland just does not have the penetration for me and both Lyon and O'Keeffe can play a holding role. Would possibly be inclined to play Sandhu if available.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yeh, I read this morning that Clarke wants to play despite having a thumb injury.

caylo

Bench
I just read he has a fractured shoulder and has been ruled out... Happened form the morkle barrage. Rohrer in for Clarke then obviously

But but but Clarke is a soft pretty boy :roll:

The tactical nous of Tubby Taylor mixed with the toughness of Tugga Waugh. That's Captain Pup :cool:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gutsy stuff I'll give him credit for that

thats what leaders are made of

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Starc would be pretty handy as well, he bowled well in the T/20s against RSA.

Had the ball swinging very late with good pace.

Its testing our bowling depth without dougie.

We're fine for spin but seam looking a little thin.

Copeland and Hazelwood will obviously lead the attack. But I'm really not sold on Abbott being the third option.

caylo

Bench
With starc at the t20 along with Bollinger, Henriques, Haddin, Warner and Watson NSW second XI will have to play well to bring it home ;-)

Clarke is fit to pay apparently. I guess NSW will be:

Carter, Maddinson, Smith, Clarke, Patterson, Neville,Copeland, Abbott, O'Keeffe, Lyon, Hazlewood.
Honestly I wouldn't be sure about that pace attack without Bollinger, Copeland just does not have the penetration for me and both Lyon and O'Keeffe can play a holding role. Would possibly be inclined to play Sandhu if available.

Copeland's fine , this is shield cricket after all.

And okeefe & Lyon are more than holding bowlers at this level too.

The weak link is Abbott.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Scans have revealed that Michael Clarke suffered a fractured shoulder during his gutsy century in the Cape Town Test, an innings that featured a sustained bouncer barrage from Morne Morkel.

Cricket Australia's physio Alex Kountouris has said that Clarke's injury will heal "with a period of rest", although it was not confirmed how long that lay-off would be. Australia are fortunate that they have no Tests or one-day internationals coming up in the immediate future.

However, the injury means Clarke will be unavailable to play for New South Wales in the Sheffield Shield final against Western Australia, which starts at Manuka Oval in Canberra on Friday. Clarke had returned from the South Africa tour hoping that he would be able to take the field for his state in the decider but instead he will embark upon a recovery period.

"Michael Clarke was injured as a result of being struck on the left shoulder during the third Test against South Africa in Cape Town," Kountouris said. "We have since done a series of scans that have demonstrated a fracture near his shoulder joint. We expect that this will heal with a period of rest. Michael is therefore unavailable for the Sheffield Shield final to be played later this week."
LINK

caylo

Bench
Copeland's fine , this is shield cricket after all.

And okeefe & Lyon are more than holding bowlers at this level too.

The weak link is Abbott.

I was suggesting they are capable of playing that role rather then that's all they can do, best two spinners in the country by a long way. Agar is probably next best and he is nothing more then gentle fingerspin.
Abbott has actually had a decent season with the ball, he has taken 27 wickets at under 30 and a SR of a wicket every 8 overs. He actually is having a better season with the ball the Copeland this year which is why I think we should go with Cummins or Sandhu if available

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cummins could be a risk, but also could be a match winner

big gamble

TheParraboy

Staff member
Marsh and North the dangermen, Im worried a bit

Id bring in Sandhu if the wicket looks like helping the quicks a bit

5 day game here

Latest posts