What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Cartwright

Being a local, I had no real opinion of them, however that all changed in 2009.

The titans were playing souths & golden boy Zillman bit Jamie Simpson.

The GC Cpt, club coach & club CEO all came out & attacked Simpson in the media, the evidence was as clear as day. Yet the club chose to attack an opposition player, rather than make comment along the lines of "It's out of character for Zillman, he had a brain explosion, he's extremely remorseful, we do not condone that type of behaviour from any representative of our club & we will accept the punishment handed down", etc etc

An absolute scumbag club.

lol let it go.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The only reason he has a job is the 5 year contract. He still hasn't made the finals since he signed it.

If they miss the finals this year it'll be 6 of 8 years out of their existence that they haven't made the 8.

He's the second longest serving coach in his current position (behind Craig Bellamy), yet he has only made the finals twice in his tenure, yet he seems to not even come under question. Sheens-esque.

Coaster

Bench
I could write a book.

They need change at the very top. Not going to happen so let's just wait for them to fold

God-King Dean

Immortal
The only reason he has a job is the 5 year contract. He still hasn't made the finals since he signed it.

If they miss the finals this year it'll be 6 of 8 years out of their existence that they haven't made the 8.

249781-michael-searle.jpg

BunniesMan

Immortal

There's an article somewhere where this bloke calls Cartwright the next Bennett. He said they were ready to win a premiership after finishing top 4 twice in a row. They got the spoon that year. They haven't made the finals since.

Searle knows.

coldhardbitch

Juniors
I'm a Titans fan, but Cartwright is the worst coach in the NRL and the single reason behind our years of failure. While Searle hasn't helped, he is not the owner or CEO anymore, thus the new owners should be free to sack him.

I don't care if they have to pay out the last few months. Surely watching the crowds dwindle under Cartwright's reign will be hurting them more financially.

Neil Henry is already employed by the club, so just make him head coach. Otherwise another season of Cartwright means another guaranteed year of rubbish for Titans fans. Why should we bother turning up to watch that rubbish.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Carty seems to be a bit of a dinosaur these days.

I'm not bagging any coaches though. As a Dragons fan, I can guarantee you that you just never know what is around the corner.

POPEYE

Coach
Must admit I'm running out of excuses for Carty, the same as I did for Henry . . . where is he now

ByronTitan

Juniors
Cartwrong said he would not have to be tapped on the shoulder, he would know when to leave. Surely that time is long overdue. For some reason he has a lot of good will capital in the club but judging by the fan FB reaction to Sunday's debacle that will erode very quickly if he sticks around. Anything other than stellar performances from this team over the coming two weeks and he's gone....surely?!

some11

Referee
I don't understand people who say "Carty isn't the one out there missing tackles on the field!"

Umm, he's responsible for preparing the team and getting flogged when you actually have a decent side all points to the coach.

"But it was 40 degrees!"

Tigers didn't seem to mind.

Last edited:

amaline

Juniors
This. These are proffessional athletes, it can't have just been laziness, their fitness/preperation just wasn't up to standard.

There was talk there was a virus or something that went through the team during the week. Was the reason Mini didn't play.

Packy

Bench
I f**king love the Titans. I love going to games there and I go for them against most teams but FMD is it hard to support them with super dope as their leader.

Latest posts