What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
naturally, and will then have to squeeze 4 or 5 players into the salary of those 2 or 3 that have left.

So what exactly are the offering Tedesco?

ek999

First Grade
If all those numbers are correct and of course salaries being back ended to an extent to account for the rises in the salary cap over the next few years

ek999

First Grade
naturally, and will then have to squeeze 4 or 5 players into the salary of those 2 or 3 that have left.

So what exactly are the offering Tedesco?

Castle said they would look at releasing someone to sign a fullback. Otherwise they will stick with Perrett

morley101

Juniors
Say they let Kasiano go and they let William go ( but they need to top up his new contract to the value of 300k) that will give them 600k to play with.

300K to Ennis
3 x 100K to fringe players.

RWB

Bench
"If you think you have enough front rowers, sign another one."

:lol: Brilliant!

Why stop at Fifita Raelene? Sign another one! Still think you've got enough? Sign another one!

The logic behind the Bulldogs recruitment...

aqua_duck

Coach
Say they let Kasiano go and they let William go ( but they need to top up his new contract to the value of 300k) that will give them 600k to play with.

300K to Ennis
3 x 100K to fringe players.

No one is going to take T Flop for $350k a year

Bulldog Force

Referee
its not about if the Tigers will let him go, its about how much the bulldogs are throwing at him.

what exactly can they offer him.
Not much to be honest. I think this news though will result in the Tigers trying their best to give him the best possible contract they can. Keep in mind with Benji gone they have a lot more to play with.

Bulldog Force

Referee

Why stop at Fifita Raelene? Sign another one! Still think you've got enough? Sign another one!

I think you'll find that in the coming weeks and/or months there will be a few forwards released. I don't expect Eastwood to be at Belmore in 2015. Ennis might go with him according to everyone on here...

Packy

Bench
By all reports, we have one player who is being paid more than $500k / yr - Inglis. Maybe 2 as no one knows what Sam Burgess is being paid. In the past 12 months we have shed several players who were reportedly on good money.

The Dogs reportedly have at least 4 now. Fifita, Morris, T-Rex and Graham. Couple that with the fact that it is known that the Doggies have paid overs for the likes of Hodkinson and now an unproven quantity in Lichaa and that you have other internationals on the books like Eastwood, Inu and Pritchard and you should be able to see why people are scratching their heads.

On the flip side, you've let go of Barba, who wasn't on massive coin anyway and Turner retired.

It just doesn't add up at this stage. Of course, if you start to release a few high profile players in the near future then all will be forgiven.

Teo and Goodwin are reps. As are the Burgii Luke. If the 2nd best hooker going is ok less than $500k then he's stoopid and you guys are lucky.

All i am saying is that we don't have a JT or a Smith, Slater or GI to worry about. We do next year it seems but I just don't think we're that far fetched.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not much to be honest. I think this news though will result in the Tigers trying their best to give him the best possible contract they can. Keep in mind with Benji gone they have a lot more to play with.
no we don't have Benji's money to play with, Benji's contract ended last year, and that money was spent on re-signing juniors.

Bench
I think you'll find that in the coming weeks and/or months there will be a few forwards released. I don't expect Eastwood to be at Belmore in 2015. Ennis might go with him according to everyone on here...

Castle says in RLW this week that Ennis will be re-signed,"He is our captain and an important part the clubs plans for 2015'.
The other players mentioned for letting go are all contracted,someone has to take over the contract or the dogs have to pay part of the contract at a new club,and with trex especially,that is going to very tough.
Letting these players go is not really the clubs choice,the players have to agree to move on or they are legally allowed to stay,as Joe did to Rusty a few years back,stood his ground and took the cash playing all over the country.

BranVan3000

Coach

Don't be too hard on her, she just doesn't want to be the heaviest person at the club anymore

richies

Juniors
Castle says in RLW this week that Ennis will be re-signed,"He is our captain and an important part the clubs plans for 2015'.
The other players mentioned for letting go are all contracted,someone has to take over the contract or the dogs have to pay part of the contract at a new club,and with trex especially,that is going to very tough.
Letting these players go is not really the clubs choice,the players have to agree to move on or they are legally allowed to stay,as Joe did to Rusty a few years back,stood his ground and took the cash playing all over the country.

can you name the other players as I don't get rlw ?
cheers

bigger name players off contract next year 2015 as far as I know:

Perret
Inu
Kas
Hodkinson
Maitua
O'Hanlon
Tyrone Philips
Chase Stanley
Damien Cook

Bulldog Force

Referee
can you name the other players as I don't get rlw ?
cheers

bigger name players off contract next year 2015 as far as I know:

Perret
Inu
Kas
Hodkinson
Maitua
O'Hanlon
Tyrone Philips
Chase Stanley
Damien Cook
Maitua is off contract this year. He was only given a 1 year deal. And if he fails to play any FG games this year, I doubt he'll be re-signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts