What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRAGONS line up vs Sharks

GT0007

Juniors
Exactly. At this level he's not a half, he's certainly not a hooker. He's a fullback / winger, same as Moz or Nightie ( you wouldn't suggest either of them for half or hooker would you ?). It must be his size or out of desperation to keep him in the team that people suggest putting him where he obviously won't fit. He'll win you games by making breaks from the back or by backing up when there's line breaks and off-loads- just like Blacklock did - that's it. I'd love to keep him in the team too when Duges is back but you'd be moving Duges out of position before Quin to achieve that. Otherwise, realistically, he's on the bench ( but for who ) or off to the Cutters.

Edit : I absolutely love the guy, for the record but he's not what he's not.

I have to disagree on 2 levels. Firstly Quinlan does have ball skills and very good ones at that if you can recall his 1st NRL game when he dragged Englis out of position then through a left handed flick back inside to set up a try. He played at 6 last year and was a shining light and he has a good short kicking game that will improve not to mention his speed and footwork. He is the closest thing to a half previous to this year we've have since before Hornby. My last 7yrs playing the game was at 7 and IMO Quinlan has all the attributes. Williams and/or Witt have to make a statement and own the position over the next few weeks after both making solid starts. What a great position for us to be in!

Secondly you don't relegate someone who has scored 7 tries & 7 try assists in 12 games unless your trying to lose especially when this is the beginning of his NRL career so one would expect those stats to improve. I don't care if he plays prop (he's about the same size as our props lol) but find him a position!

God-King Dean

Immortal
Stockwell, Harrison playing for Cutters.

So I assume the bench will be:

15. Kyle Stanley
16. Joel Thompson
17. Mike Cooper
20. Jack de Belin

GT0007

Juniors
Stockwell, Harrison playing for Cutters.

So I assume the bench will be:

15. Kyle Stanley
16. Joel Thompson
17. Mike Cooper
20. Jack de Belin

One would assume. Even though we need Stockwell upfront I don't mind him getting some match fitness in the Cutters for this week. Harrison I thought was solid last week. With the talent in the Cutters this week they should give the Sharks a shake

TheRev

First Grade
If anyone catched the Cutters game, let us know how Garvey & Stockwell go! Its the right call on Stockwell, let him get some game fitness, JDB is enough of a change for now

TheRev

First Grade
Obviously we will have to wait for some match reports and player reports, but just watching the scoreboard, the U20's did well to win that game, Cronulla came back hard and took the lead with a few minutes to go.

dino2170

Juniors
we were lucky that cronulla kept on losing the ball near the tryline. i saw some familiar price a la 2012 ploys in the second half where we struggled to score. and whats the ploy to score from kicks PRETTY TO WATCH and it is relying on the opposition to stuff up instead of us determining the action we should take. AS I SAID I WILL WAIT UNTIL WE MEET MANLY,EASTS OR CANBERRA.

Brisbane next week will provide us with the guidance to these questions
is our attack one dimensional
are our forwards too soft
is farrel up to our high expectations
is stanely up to cutters standard

on the farrel question he went missing for a lot of the game and when he did participate, he gave away a penalty and dropped the ball. the commentator did say he ran very fast, but he must of sped like a bullet because i didnt see him running at all.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
we were lucky that cronulla kept on losing the ball near the tryline. i saw some familiar price a la 2012 ploys in the second half where we struggled to score. and whats the ploy to score from kicks PRETTY TO WATCH and it is relying on the opposition to stuff up instead of us determining the action we should take. AS I SAID I WILL WAIT UNTIL WE MEET MANLY,EASTS OR CANBERRA.

on the farrel question he went missing for a lot of the game and when he did participate, he gave away a penalty and dropped the ball. the commentator did say he ran very fast, but he must of sped like a bullet because i didnt see him running at all.
:roll::roll::roll:

jenninga

First Grade
we were lucky that cronulla kept on losing the ball near the tryline. I saw some familiar price a la 2012 ploys in the second half where we struggled to score. And whats the ploy to score from kicks pretty to watch and it is relying on the opposition to stuff up instead of us determining the action we should take. As i said i will wait until we meet manly,easts or canberra.

on the farrel question he went missing for a lot of the game and when he did participate, he gave away a penalty and dropped the ball. The commentator did say he ran very fast, but he must of sped like a bullet because i didnt see him running at all.

yaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnnn